Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #1

46 Transfer Flow Tank availability?

Wondering if any one knows for sure if this tank is still available for 2001 to 2003 gas and diesel vans?

Spoke to TF and they said "no", spoke to Quadvan and they said "yes". Guy at TC did sound convincing. Plus, I think TF will only sell those/certain tanks to specific installers. Just wondering of anyone has the latest correct info. Thxs!

Old 08-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #2

Re: 46 Transfer Flow Tank availability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der
Wondering if any one knows for sure if this tank is still available for 2001 to 2003 gas and diesel vans?

Spoke to TF and they said "no", spoke to Quadvan and they said "yes". Guy at TC did sound convincing. Plus, I think TF will only sell those/certain tanks to specific installers. Just wondering of anyone has the latest correct info. Thxs!
They won't sell them to the public... but they will sell them to Quadvan and SMB and a few others for install..
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam
They won't sell them to the public... but they will sell them to Quadvan and SMB and a few others for install..
P.S. and as far as I know it's the same tank they've been making for years and years.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:16 PM   #4

Yup. QuadVan and SMB still install them. You just can't buy them retail from T/F.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #5

Try Aerotanks too.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
Try Aerotanks too.
The website says diesel only. Also its only 40 gallons. Or do they do custom jobs besides what they normally list?

http://www.aerotanks.com/inventory/e250-350.html
Old 08-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
Try Aerotanks too.
The website says diesel only. Also its only 40 gallons. Or do they do custom jobs besides what they normally list?

http://www.aerotanks.com/inventory/e250-350.html
They will do a gas. They just did mine. They don't advertise it. I cut the flange out of the top of my old tank and sent them the pump and flange. They built the flange in to the tank and sent me everything ready to go. Only one center vent though. I should've asked for two to match the OEM gasoline tank but didn't know and now I wonder if this explains my occasional venting problems.
The tank holds 45 though it is listed as 40.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:59 AM   #8

We have our own tanks since T/F wouldn't sell to us and Titan wanted 50k to make a mold.

We have less capacity but they're 3/16 aluminum and much easier to install.

This is an older pic, our current tanks have adjustable mounting straps and only 2 welded seams.

ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #9

Thanks All, nice to know the TF's are still availale and other options are available. Only issue I could for see with none TF tank is compliance with Calif ARB emmissions inspections.

Chris, what capacity are you getting and any CARB issues?
Old 08-04-2014, 08:08 AM   #10

Ray, I wanted to give a little more info here on my situation for anyone who may read this in the future. I wanted a U-joint tank to replace the rusty main and rear TransferFlow tanks my van came with. TransferFlow seems to have moved on from the vans, but I guess they make them for installers like SMB still. They didn't really want to help me, or at least no one I talked to there was remotely familiar with what they company was doing 20 years ago (My van is a 95). I talked to Chris and he said his tank would not work for me due to my van being an older Quigley with a modified (moved) crossmember which would interfere with the tank. Rather bummed, I was thinking I was out of options until I found Aerotanks. Their tank is larger (45 gal) and a little cheaper but anyone not in California will lose that in shipping. It cost me more than $200 to get mine here. Also, Aerotanks advertises and builds this tank for a diesel. I called after another member had them build a gas one and the guy said he could only build me a non-carb tank, using my flange and fuel pump if I sent them. This is what I did and I'm satisfied with the tank, but I do have an unresolved venting issue (occasional miss when the tank is completely full). It goes away after I burn a few gallons. So, as you may have figured out already, the Aerotanks option won't work for you in California unless it's for a diesel. I would still strongly recommend U-Joint's tank if it will work. The fit and finish of it looks much better than my Aerotank.