Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2014, 01:33 AM   #1

Raised Top/CCV - Group Buy Interest

I would like to know who is SERIOUSLY interested in buying the style of top in the picture below. We have sourced the top and are looking at this top for a CCV pop top conversion on our EB. I really would like to be able transport four to six (or more) of these to CCV to save on shipping costs.

These are full length tops with about 18" of height from the drip rail. This means net height gain about 12" above the stock roof height. Therefore, the benefits include about 12 inches of headroom inside with the top down.

I have checked with Derek (CCV) and he says he can use this top with his electric lift system. This top fills the niche between the nice low profile top he has and the very functional but utilitarian high top.

So, please respond here or PM me with interest / questions. Timing is next four to eight weeks. Out of respect, pricing discussions will only be via PM.

Caveat: the top is what we are talking about, no representation your van will automatically turnout like the one in the picture!!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Old 09-18-2014, 07:15 AM   #2

Garage
Re: Raised Top/CCV - Group Buy Interest

top looks nice. looks like it adds a few inchs in height to what i ended up with from derek. if you had done this a year ago, id have been all over it. good luck with the group buy!
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #3

Giving this a bump for the weekend. Hopefully some have interest in this. My main goal is to get the transport cost down to something reasonable. Needs to go from Indiana to Denver area. Open to any ideas!! Thanks!
Old 09-20-2014, 02:33 PM   #4
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

I'm sure you have checked with Derek on the height difference between this top you sourced and his high profile top, from the pic, it doesn't look that far off his newer updated top I got. I was worried also about it looking too utilitarian, but in the end, I'm happy with the results. Haven't been to his website in a while and I'm not sure he's updated any of the photos with the newer version of his top, but it does have a sculpted front, not just a flat raked delivery van style top.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #5

Re: Raised Top - Group Buy Interest ??

Giving this another bump since we have more new people with conversions in mind / starting.

Just a note, we do not have to buy the same style tops. The big benefit is the number of tops that can be transported at the same time. This is where the huge savings in cost is!

Even if you are looking for fixed vs pop top, this works for all who order. Cost to transport from Indiana is about the same for one top or ten!

Alternatively, if anyone is willing to pick up a top for me and trailer to Colorado, I would love to discuss what might work.

Shoot me a PM or post for more info.