Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #1

My 06 E350 EB Cargo build up

I bought my van (2006 E350 EB Cargo 6.0PSD) from the original owner who owned a plumbing company, he routinely maintained the van at ford with all maintenance records documented, with only 2 dents and a small busted section of a side door, i felt i was getting a great deal on the van.

To date i have done the following:
Double din screen install, component door speakers, 4ch amp and an 8" sub for the tunes
Lizard Skin Sound Control and Ceramic Insulation on the floor, dog house, and halfway up the walls
Bed Rug Carpet kit
Fat Mat on the front doors
Foam Insulation board on the ceiling
a few home made door panels made by my Dad

and ive recently completed "semi bulletproofing" the 6.0 with:
EGR Delete, New oil cooler, STC Fitting update, Blue Spring update, cleaned turbo, DC Power 185Amp OEM Alternator, and 4" exhaust after the downpipe. Edge CTS Insight for guages, and an SCT X4 tuner. Tuned by Mike at 5 Star Tuning.
The tunes i have are Economy, Tow 50, Tow 65, Street 80. The street 80 tune is insanity!

I have a Sinister E series coolant filter kit to install along with the EGT Probe for the EDGE CTS

Future plans are to lift the front 2" with springs, new shocks all around, 265/75/16 tires, Bushwacker fender flares, window visors so i can have some air flow without letting people know the windows are rolled down a bit, "Big 3" electrical upgrade so i get full benefits of the new alt. That should hold me over until the new year when i will start planning out my interior build for the spring time.

And now for some photos:

The exhuast is a Diamond Eye 4" cat back for a F-Series.. fun fact, you can do the whole exhuast with a cat delete with just the cat back kit, only needing to redo the downpip fitting to a slip fitting.

And just for fun, my last vehicle i built. 2011 CCSB 4x4 tacoma, total chaos long travel, king coil overs and shocks, full stereo/navigation, custom SS exhaust headers back, full skid plates, etc... wish i still had it

eric3187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:08 AM   #2

Re: My 06 E350 EB Cargo build up

Also, if i install a set of 1 1/2" lift replacement springs(SSC-30 or 31 i think), since the pivot points of the suspension would not change, stock length shocks should be fine correct? since it is not adding travel, just changing the ride height position?

or does anyone know of another replacement spring that will give between 1 1/2"-2 1/4" lift
Old 11-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #3

Strong work! I don't see a bigger aftermarket fuel tank on your list. That rig is going to need to roam
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH
Strong work! I don't see a bigger aftermarket fuel tank on your list. That rig is going to need to roam
Yup, thats in the plans, i would like to get 40+gal. in tank capacity one way or another. that would allow me just under 1000mile range on the highway in ideal conditions.

I've also been thinking about adding a transfercase in there while still staying 2wd for a while. just so im that much closer to a possible 4x4 conversion, and get the benefit of using a 2L setting.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:30 AM   #5

Garage

great start with the van! mind if i ask why you only went half way up with the lizard skin?

that taco looked nice. ive always wanted one of those. nice pic too

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3187
...or does anyone know of another replacement spring that will give between 1 1/2"-2 1/4" lift
im not positive, but iirc, the quigley i have used the stocker springs for the conversion. when i upgraded to ramseys rip kit, i also upgraded front springs he recommends that lifted the front up right around an 1.5". i would assume you could do the same thing. maybe even find a spring that lifted you a bit higher?? my main concern with that is knowing that you could still get it aligned properly after the fact.

he told me the part # and i bought them locally to avoid shipping charges from cali. i still have the box with old springs in it at home. i can see if theres a pn on there, or you can pm ramsey (member bajasportsmobile) and see if he can provide the number for you.

and not sure if your interested, but there are lift kits available for these vans that utilize spacers front and back, but i havent researched that option whatsoever. other members are using those kits, hopefully they can chime in if youre interested.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie
great start with the van! mind if i ask why you only went half way up with the lizard skin?
it was partially because i dont know where i want to put windows in at, and i was running out of lizard Skin to spray so i wanted to conserve it if i needed to do touch ups.

Yeah, if you could find that part number on your springs, that would be great, i can look up the specs on them and compare.

So you are saying on the quigley conversion on your van used stock Van springs? well then thats great news about replacing the springs for 1.5" lift
Old 11-10-2014, 06:07 AM   #7

Garage

^^^ im assuming that quigley used the stock springs. i cant remember for sure if they did or not, but im pretty sure other more savvy members would have been quick to correct me if i was wrong.

below is a pic of the label on the box. i didnt have a pen and paper and i would have remembered it wrong without a doubt. i rotated the pic on photobucket so it was orientated properly, but do not understand why its still showing upside down. stupid photobucket. either way, hope it helps.

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 11-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #8
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

Yes, moog part CC880S progressive rate springs. I found best price on Amazon after Ramsey's supplier had run out.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #9

hmm those springs are only $95 on amazon, but looking at them closer i read the spring rate is 3009 or something like that, id imagine with the diesel and EB, i need to get a higher spring rate. and the search continues
Old 11-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #10

Garage

my van is a diesel eb and thats what was recommended to me. im very happy with the ride of my van since doing ramseys upgrades (shocks and front springs). theres still room for improvement handling wise, but ride wise imho, only improvement would be more travel.