bitburger - Highway to the Sun
Login FAQ
Register  

Sportsmobileforum.com

An online forum community for the owners, admirers and fans of Sportsmobile vans and Sprinters, new and old. Share photos, advice, discuss modifications, camping or buy & sell. Anyone who owns, has a passion for, or just curiosity about SMBs, come in!
The time now is Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:31 pm

Forum Rules

:

Please do not use this section, or any part of this site to publicly post or request information for the purposes of copying any manufacturers’ designs for the purpose of duplication.

You may post publicly photos and information for purposes of improving, comparison, issue resolution, or repair, you may also privately pursue such information- however blatant requests for and public posting of images and specifications for the express purpose of reproduction or deconstruction will not be tolerated and will result in warnings or suspension from the forum.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:06 am   Post subject: GMC Savana coil springs

Hi everybody,

I install new tire on my GMC Savana, i installed BF Goodrich all terrain. I'm not satisfied by the driving. I want to replace coil spring for more stiffer. Do you have suggestion for me ? Mu truck is a GMC Savana with camper conversion.

Thanks for all informations

Yanick
HobbyistVendor
Support Gold

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:02 am   Post subject: Re: GMC Savana coil springs

Get a MOOG Catalog and look up the stock replacement coils for your vehicle - you can get all the specs on that spring from the catalog and then look for springs with the differences you are looking for. You say you want "stiffer" but what does that really mean to you? Are you looking for more load capacity ("stiffer") or more ride height, or combination of both? Proper spring selection, while simple, is very misunderstood.

AgileOffRoad.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:01 pm   Post subject: Re: GMC Savana coil springs

Hi;

I tried using Federal Mogul's online look up for a 2007 Savana and it didn't have a coil spring listing.

Try it yourself with the proper year:

http://www.fme-cat.com/PassengerCarLightTruck.aspx

Regards,

Gavin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:20 pm   Post subject: Re: GMC Savana coil springs

Doesn't it have torsion bars?

You can adjust those a little. Otherwise, next best option may be some timbrens.
Reunel rear bumper