BoulderMark - 2004 Ford RBE350 4X4
Login FAQ
Register  

Sportsmobileforum.com

An online forum community for the owners, admirers and fans of Sportsmobile vans and Sprinters, new and old. Share photos, advice, discuss modifications, camping or buy & sell. Anyone who owns, has a passion for, or just curiosity about SMBs, come in!
The time now is Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:22 pm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:41 pm   Post subject: Re: Recommended 4x4 Service in Bay Area?

The Service Mgr at Sunnyvale Ford said they service Quigleys. He told me they use to sell Quigleys (although I have never ever seen them there). Anyways, I plan on bringing mine there for its next service (@75K). I'll let you know how it goes.

Ray
06 E350 RB
06 E350 Quigley V10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Recommended 4x4 Service in Bay Area?

Here's another on the Peninsula: Redline Motorsports, 251 California Drive, Burlingame

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Recommended 4x4 Service in Bay Area?

Troy at Superior Four Wheel Drive in San Jose knows his stuff. He's been working on my 2000 EB50 PSD Quigley 4x4. He's rebuilt the front hubs/bearings twice (he's a Warn dealer) and he's done the Full Float Dana 60 LS rear diff on my van (among other things). He's a straight shooter, knows his stuff and charges a fair price for his labor. He also stands behind his work. He's in San Jose near 87 and Capitol. Give him a ring at 408.448.8585

-Marc
Admin IV
Support Silver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:56 pm   Post subject: Re: Recommended 4x4 Service in Bay Area?

charlie56 wrote:
bratworst wrote:
Doesn't anyone here know of a reputable 4x4 shop in the SF Bay??? I know that 4wheelparts has a service center in San Jose but haven't used them.

I am currently in the process of using a 4x4 shop in Cotati. I will post the results (good or bad) once the work is completed.

Jeep Speedshop in Cotati
Owners name is Todd

It's a small shop specializing in Jeeps but many of the parts are the same as in our SMBs. Atlas, Dynatrac, Warn, etc. This shop was recommended to me by Dynatrac.

Once we got all the correct parts ordered he got right on it and finished on time. Went out of his way to explain everything to me and made sure I would be happy. I won't hesitate to use him again. Oh yeah, he came in substantially under his own estimate.

http://www.jeepspeedshop.com/
KZ6T

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:33 pm   Post subject: Re: Recommended 4x4 Service in Bay Area?

Hi All,

Went to Redline Motorsports, as listed above, in San Carlos [***CORRECTION: Burlingame, right next to the Caltrain station***]. Small shop, and they seemed to know what they were doing (which was good, since I don't know a damn thing...).

Shop fees, cost for doing the bearing job on the front wheels/hubs, and re-torquing or something like that for the leaf springs was a total of $120. Also, something had broken in one of the hubs (they needed some kind of special screw for the WARN system) and that came in at no charge.

I'd definitely go to them again. That seemed very fair and reasonably priced.

-Ken
Amsoil
Last edited by kzemach on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:05 am   Post subject: Re: Recommended 4x4 Service in Bay Area?

There's a Redline Motorsports in San Carlos?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:24 am   Post subject: Re: Recommended 4x4 Service in Bay Area?

bratworst wrote:
There's a Redline Motorsports in San Carlos?

Whoops, I meant Burlingame.
Amsoil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:42 am   Post subject: Re: Recommended 4x4 Service in Bay Area?

I too an in the process of getting work done on my 4x4 sporty. I am using Jeepspeed up in Cotati. Todd the owner comes highly recommended. I will follow up later in the week when the service is done. Initial impression is spot on!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:11 pm   Post subject: Re: Recommended 4x4 Service in Bay Area?

Follow up on Jeepspeed up in Cotati, CA. I had some work done on the sporty and I wanted to follow up with you guys and let you know that the service was STELLAR and he came in well under estimate. Todd the owner is very familiar with the sportsmobile and is an amazing diesel mechanic. I could not be more pleased with the service and support we got from them. A+
http://jeepspeed.com/
Travis
Admin IV
Support Silver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Recommended 4x4 Service in Bay Area?

I agree, very good service, but how many times did he say:

"I'm just saying"
Or
"You know what I mean?"

It became a joke between Dina and I. Just how many times in one conversation could he wiggle those two phrases in?
:a2:
KZ6T
Support Gold

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Recommended 4x4 Service in Bay Area?

Ken,

A while back you posted a request for feedback about 4x4 repair shops in the Bay Area. Looks like someone found Redline Motorsports in Burlingame on the web and suggested them.

Wonder if you've found someone you've worked with and like or if anyone else has any additional feedback on this topic? I'm in (you guessed it) Moss Beach, so something on the Peninsula would be my preference. I know of a good shop in Livermore (name escapes me right now / know it from a guy I work with who uses them) but that's WAY too long a haul if I can avoid it. I may be going the Deaver route and I want a place that does work like that all the time.

-Paul

SMB: 2006 RB-50 6.0 PSD SMB 4x4
1988 Porsche Carrera Cabriolet
2001 Harley Davidson Electra Glide (very not) Standard
2002 BMW R1150GS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Recommended 4x4 Service in Bay Area?

mossbeachpaul wrote:
Ken,

A while back you posted a request for feedback about 4x4 repair shops in the Bay Area. Looks like someone found Redline Motorsports in Burlingame on the web and suggested them.

Wonder if you've found someone you've worked with and like or if anyone else has any additional feedback on this topic?
-Paul

Hey Paul,

I too used Redline and found them very helpful and knowledgeable. They had a problem on my 4WD system, and worked all night (!!!) to get it done in time. I will definitely use them again. Pricing seemed reasonable.

-Ken
Amsoil