Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #1

Quigley and CCV torque arms, swaybar

Just installed CCV replacement torque arms, and coil springs. Was wondering if anybody has suggestion on lowering the sway bar frame mounts. As the CCV torque arms move the axle forward just a bit. I got a idea or two, but was looking for suggestions, before I go forward.
thanks

primitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:21 AM   #2

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
Re: Quigley and CCV torque arms, swaybar

Build drop spacers out of 2 inch square tube.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:35 AM   #3

Garage

^^^ on his recommendation, we built these to drop our swaybar down to where it was level.

cant say whether it helped itself or not cause i replaced all the stock bushings with poly at the same time we installed the spacers, but the overall improvement was definitely noticeable. keep in mind, it wouldnt have taken much. every one of my bushings was 100% spent and not really doing much but holding the bar in place...barely.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:52 AM   #4
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Quigley and CCV torque arms, swaybar

Just to put it out there. Derek scooted my axle forward about 3/4" when he installed his adjustable torque arms, I then added Ramsey's RIP kit that came with the 2" drop spacers for the sway bar which brought it level. My bushings for the sway bar are shot and after upsizing to 315's I am needing to scoot the front axle forward for a bit more tire clearance. Problem is, I've got no more room to move, I'm maxed out for clearance on the drag link and the track bar sits right over the diff housing as is, plus no more room to move on the sway bar ends. This may or may not be an issue for any others that have the same components or are looking at installing them, but since I want the most out of the upgraded components I've installed, I am looking at making some changes to the setup. I took it over to Boulder Offroad and Don pointed out that I'm at my limit for being able to move the axle forward any further. He's going to install a proper sway bar that's bigger with end links and build a new track bar and adjust the drag link for clearance so we can move things forward a bit more. I'll post up results here for reference, if you don't mind, since this thread was already started. Here's a pic of how it is now

You can see the 2" spacers for the sway bar
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:57 PM   #5

Thanks all for your input. Good to know i was on the right track.
My plan is to use 1/4 wall 2 inch square square tubing (only because i already have it) to drop the sway bar down along with moving it forward just a bit. Work just in the way of getting anything done today, and unfortunately it looks like it might get in the way tomorrow too.
primitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:18 PM   #6
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

I posted this in another thread by mistake.......
viewtopic.php?t=15429#p153680
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote