Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2015, 10:38 AM   #1

2006 Quigley track bar

I ordered one from Quigley, $89.00. Asked for an upgraded one, that I read about here, but was told they only have one type for my van. Should I look around?

On a side note, I visited the San Juan Capistrano Ford for service. I knew something was wrong up front, and they diagnosed the problem. To replace the track bar there, was $1300. Some members have recommended this dealer. I have NEVER had a good experience at any Ford dealer. Not sure why.

Elltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:01 PM   #2
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Re: 2006 Quigley track bar

The track bar should be available at any parts store, just give quigley your vin and they will tell you what axle is up front. Since you've already ordered it from them, its just a matter of install, that quote seems very high. You may be confusing the track bar with the torque arms, those you either have to order from quigley or like many of us, including me, bypassed quigley altogether and went with CCV's (Colorado Camper Van) adjustable torque arms, that way you can move the axle forward a bit for more clearance. Quigley updated the design of the torque arms years ago from the "C" channel to round bars, thats the upgrade you are referring to. Boulder off road also makes sets that are longer fixed lengths with the same result. I had them set me up with a larger sway bar with end links and sway bar mount and a new mounting bracket for the track bar for clearance on the pumpkin, ride is greatly improved from the original smaller diameter sway bar and worn out bushings, many have had success with just replacing the worn out bushings and retaining the original sway bar, there is a thread on the subject floating around here recently.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 03:04 PM   #3

Replaced mine a little while back.
Quigley now only sells the upgraded version, the older style has been discontinued.
Got mine installed at a local 4x4 shop for $100.
Hope that helps
Skyl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:23 PM   #4

It was the track bar they wanted to replace. '06 has the round torque arms.
Elltom is offline   Reply With Quote