Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #1

Is this 2002 Ford e350 4x4 for $10k a good deal?

Hey guys i've been struggling to find a 4x4 van, but this thing just popped up locally and I would like to know what you guys think? Decent deal?

V8 runs great
Great condition in and out.
12k lb winch moose bumper
Rhino lined
Always use synthetic.
Oils fresh. No leaks.
insulated and carpeted interior w plywood.
cruise control
Manual hubs
Ac blows cold.
Heavy duty tow package

I'm going to look at it tomorrow. The conversion was done by Salem Kroger and it has about 200k miles on it. I guess what i'm asking is what does a comparable van go for in good condition? It's hard to for me to figure out what these things are actually worth since there's not many on the market and the price range is so large.

crazy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:52 PM   #2

Re: Is this 2002 Ford e350 4x4 for $10k a good deal?

I can't really answer (but I looked at the thread due to general interest). I bet others here will be able to though, but maybe a bit more info.

1) Says V8.... so is it a gas 5.4? The diesel is a V-8 too though maybe? (Answered my own question by finding the ad: It's gas, so I presume the 5.4)

2) What is the interior like? Converted? More bare? Is it a base you would build on or would you be tearing down to "cargo" anyway? Or do you want one just like how this one is (no windows, etc.)

3) Where has it lived? (Salt/rust, is that why the rockers are black or is that for other reasons? Looks like Cali plates now but if it's lived anywhere else that might be a factor.)

I can commiserate. I hate it when I know what I want, have the money to hand, and then CAN'T FIND ONE!

PS: One slightly odd thing that may just be an innocent mistake: Ad title says 2002 van whereas the informational sidebar says it's a 2001.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote