Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2015, 08:56 AM   #1

Remote Oil Filter Mount for 2006 E350 RB with 6.0 PSD

The previous owner of my 2006 SMB had the Amsoil filter system removed because the Ford dealer refused to change his oil with it installed. He most not have done a lot of 4 wheeling because now the front drive shaft nicks the stock oil filter housing when you pull the sway bar links.

I want to rebuild the remote oil filter system but Sportsmobile doesn't stock any of the adapters that bolt to the engine block in place of the oil filter housing assembly. It is the same story with Amsoil and Sinister Diesel. The oil filter relocation kits for F series diesels won't work.

Does anyone have ideas for a source of the engine adapter? Maybe you have one laying around. Maybe you know of a scrapped van that might have the part.

Chris

cmyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:30 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Remote Oil Filter Mount for 2006 E350 RB with 6.0 PSD

Yeah I had always thought those were an AMSOIL product but later found it was a joint effort by SMB and the AMSOIL rep (Jim) IIRC. Maybe he's out of the game cause I'd think SMB could put you in touch with him.

J's Performance Automotive does dual remote oil filter systems for SMB vehicles including the 6.0's that address the issues you're having. I'd call them.

2377 N Larkin Ave #102, Fresno, CA 93727
(559) 264-6565

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:36 PM   #3

I actually crushed the rim of stock oil filter adapter that caused an oil leak before I installed my AMSoil remote so I would be paying attention to that. I did have my passenger rear wheel in the air to get that much compression on it so just refrain from that for sure!!! When I had my Bullet Proof oil cooler installed the shop replaced the SMB / Amsoil part and adapted the bypass hoses to the BPD unit but I did not get the AMSoil adapter back. PM me if that other suggestion doesn't pan out. It was over a year ago so don't know if shop would have bothered to keep it but I could ask.
2004 SMB 4x4 RB 6.0 PSD; ARP Head Studs, Gen 3 Cylinder Heads, BPD Oil Cooler connected to AMSOil Bypass, a whistling Wicked Wheel Turbo, Coolant Filter, Upgraded alternator, ScanGauge, SCT custom and SMB Fox shocks.
BFG 285/75 R16 KM3 Mud Terrains on ProComp 7069's
PatO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:51 PM   #4

I have a kit to turn the stock filter 90 degrees, we've done it to a few 6.0 SMB's that were built before the Amsoil kit was used. I've also had to relocate some filters with the Bulletproof cooler kit and Permacool makes a spin on adapter with 1/2" ports of the oil lines. Think the part # is 115.
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:09 AM   #5

I bought the filter rotation kit from U-Joint. It looks like a simple and well made solution.
cmyoung is offline   Reply With Quote