Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
Not Happy with Advanced 4X4

I am happy with the 4x4 system it's self but of course that was new.

They did fix my carrier bearing 2weeks later when I was able to get it to them (300 miles away) and I am grateful.

However I have another Issue.

I phoned last week 5 times trying to catch Randy, when I did get him on the phone I started to explain my problem he cut me off in mid sentence with RON I AM A SUPER BUSY MAN and That I needed to realize he didn't have time to talk to me because he had to many other things he needed to finish, but would call me in the morning of the next day. "When he had time." And even though the Panhard is slamming into my oil pan he would call me back. Click!

That was 1 week ago, I emailed him two days ago telling him I am still waiting, still no call no email no text, nothing.

No respect what so ever.
I was with out a doubt bothering him.

I cant help but feel I have been considered delt with, and now I am a pain in the A*S.

All it would have taken was to have been talked to like a customer not a pain in the a*s and a returned phone call, are you kidding me!!!

At this point I have fixed the problem myself by adding a leaf to the front and making a new Panhard.
So it cost me $600.00 more and a day away from my busy Towing Company.

I was warned from another member about this type of treatment but chose not to listen. My mistake.

This is just my experience and I hope if you do get work done there your experience is better however since I was warned I would count on it..

Be very carefull.

I hope this helps,

Ron

Old 10-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #2

Garage
Re: Not Happy with Advanced 4X4

Unbelievable. Companies that don't embrace customer service in the age of social media are doomed to fail and rightly so.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #3

Not Happy with Advanced 4X4

Yelp review is in order
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
Site Team

Sorry to hear about your problems Ron, but I'm glad you found a way to get things fixed. That doesn't take the sting out of poor customer service, but at least your rig is functional.

Also, thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Sometimes when people get burned, they're hesitant to share the experience because of potential embarrassment. I think you presented facts, and presented them objectively. I'm sure Advanced 4x4 has their side of the story, but businesses not returning calls or e-mails from customers is one of my pet peeves, and can't do anything except cost them future business. What sets a great company apart from a mediocre company is service after the sale. A company that only cares about the initial sale is doomed to a long, lingering business death IMO.

Herb
Old 10-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #5

Garage

That behavior is a crime. I run a hi-tech machining business and I would NEVER treat a customer like that. Or I'd have none left.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #6

Ron

I would suggest you send another e-Mail to the owner of Advanced. Include a link to this thread and explain there are over 5,000 forum members who have access to the infomation. It won't get your problems fixed but it may open his eyes a little. If the owner doesn't understand the concept of customer service and the power of social media they deserve to fail.

Gnarvan 1992 E350 Clubwagon
Advanced 4WD Systems Conversion

Sotar Legend 12.5' X 22" Cataraft
2003 BMW R1150GS-Adventure
2013 BMW R1200GS-Adventure
Gnarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #7

Guys who treat people like that don't understand how quick and severe the backlash might be given our modern ability to communicate and share info.

Example: 4X4 van builder guy (niche business owner) screws a customer who just so happens to share info often with other 4x4 van guys (niche business customers) on an internet forum. Is 4X4 van guy gonna grow his (rare) business very easily? Uh-Oh 4X4 van builder guy!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #8
Site Team

Garage

Well I guess I know what the bugs were now but didn't think Advanced would be one of the problems. Sorry to hear that Ron. Poor service sucks. The guy might get enough commercial work that he considers us van owners as low lifes on the totem pole.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyford
I am happy with the 4x4 system it's self but of course that was new.

They did fix my carrier bearing 2weeks later when I was able to get it to them (300 miles away) and I am grateful.

However I have another Issue.

I phoned last week 5 times trying to catch Randy, when I did get him on the phone I started to explain my problem he cut me off in mid sentence with RON I AM A SUPER BUSY MAN and That I needed to realize he didn't have time to talk to me because he had to many other things he needed to finish, but would call me in the morning of the next day. "When he had time." And even though the Panhard is slamming into my oil pan he would call me back. Click!

That was 1 week ago, I emailed him two days ago telling him I am still waiting, still no call no email no text, nothing.

No respect what so ever.
I was with out a doubt bothering him.

I cant help but feel I have been considered delt with, and now I am a pain in the A*S.

All it would have taken was to have been talked to like a customer not a pain in the a*s and a returned phone call, are you kidding me!!!

At this point I have fixed the problem myself by adding a leaf to the front and making a new Panhard.
So it cost me $600.00 more and a day away from my busy Towing Company.

I was warned from another member about this type of treatment but chose not to listen. My mistake.

This is just my experience and I hope if you do get work done there your experience is better however since I was warned I would count on it..

Be very carefull.

I hope this helps,

Ron
Sorry to hear that but not surprised at all. I posted many times of my
dealings with that *******. I wouldn't let them touch a tricycle. Hopefully
your van doesn't leave you stranded as mine did more than once. I don't
know how that clown is still in business after the way he treats people.
He is all lovey dovey when he wants your business but if there is a problem
forget about it.
BMWBILO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #10

That guy sounds like a peach compared to Glen at Rocky Road Outfitters (Jeeps and such). He took 5+ months to get my Bushwacker fender flares sent to me. I think he was just using my money in some type of pyramid scheme. Talk about a bunch of 1 star reviews on that business. Very interesting reading if anyone wishes additional horror stories and because of that experience I now search a little more aggressively before buying products or services on the internet and even around town. I truly thought I was out the $500.
2004 SMB 4x4 RB 6.0 PSD; ARP Head Studs, Gen 3 Cylinder Heads, BPD Oil Cooler connected to AMSOil Bypass, a whistling Wicked Wheel Turbo, Coolant Filter, Upgraded alternator, ScanGauge, SCT custom and SMB Fox shocks.
BFG 285/75 R16 KM3 Mud Terrains on ProComp 7069's
PatO is offline   Reply With Quote