Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #1

Garage
1994 7.3 ujoint conversion in everett wa.

came up on a local search and thought id share. no affiliation whatsoever.

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/4647407508.html

Getlemen-

After much thought Im putting my van up for sale, it has been one of the funnest toys Ive owned and it will be dearly missed! Most of the work has been done by me including the 4wd conversion in 2011.
This van is primarily set up for hauling gear for my various hobbies, with a large flat area in the back, 9'7" that has storage lockers built underneath the deck. Every piece I either installed or replaced has been of the highest quality part, durability and toughness has been a factor in every decision along with ease of troubleshooting. The van was purchased in 2001 by Washington Divers in Bellingham where I worked until 2005, the van remained at the dive shop until I purchased it in 2011 and started the building process. I can be certain of regular service and oil changes since 2001. Fuel economy is one of the first questions I always get and to be honest Ive only done the hand calculations once, from Montana to seattle I averaged 17.9 mpg with a full load of gear and pulling a trailer with an inflatable boat. Id imagine if you cruised on I5 you would get over 20mpg but pulling up the pass your probably getting 11-13 mpg. For a guy looking to run some sort of Bio diesel or other home made fuel source this is the engine you want, from the research I've done you can run deep fry oil or even transmission fluid. Im sure if your seriously considering making fuel you know far more that I do about this engine.

The electrical system was built for easy access and ease of trouble shooting. The factory wiring has been un touched so no weak splices or tearing into wiring harness. I installed a 3rd deep cycle battery on a isolator switch. All the accessories have been wired into this system so you can rock out or run the external lights without drawing from your starting system.

The parts used to lift and convert the drive train came from Ujoint Offroad, a company that specializes in 4wd vans and is one of the most respected manufactures of these parts.

So to the details-

1994 Ford Econoline 350
7.3 IDI international harvester diesel
250,000 miles

front axle- 2004 Dana 60 out of an f-350
rear axle- Dana 60, 4.10 gears, yukon grizzly locker, yukon running gears, all new in 2013
Transmission-e4od, new in 2011 built by Danas transmission in Everett. It was given all the heavy duty treatment and cost nearly 5k, rated for 900hp
Transfer case-BW 1356 with manual shift, inspected and filled with fluid in 2011 at Danas
Front drive shaft-custom built at Kirkland driveshafts, spicer ujoints
Rear drive shaft- custom built at Kirkland driveshafts, spicer ujoints
Tires- 315 Hancook Dynopro MT, tons of life
Bilstien shocks
ARB roof rack
LED lights around the the roof rack
32" LED light bar in front
10k winch, works like a champ
custom winch bumper
Seats- came out a 2006 Yukon Denali, leather and power seats, mounted on swivel bases, best seats you'll ever find in a ford van period!
new fuel pump in 2012
new passenger manifold 2011
new vacuum pump 2012
Stereo- DVD/CD/AUX with flip up screen, new speakers in front and back in 2013
new speed sensor
on board air compressor with 25' air cord
inside I ran small LEDs around the top of the cabin
huge GPS

Extras-

hi lift jack that mounts to the roof rack
full size spare tire
spare sliding door. I was planning on swapping out the slider door for one with a pop out window. I have the correct door but I haven't got around to putting it on. Also the sliding door does not fully open due to the oversize tire, its needs an extension piece added in to the hinge, a guy can build one yourself or there is a 4wd van company in Portland that can make you one also

The bad-

Due to its previous life hauling scuba gear there is some rust along the bottom of the rear door and along the slider

Im asking $18k but willing to take offers, Im also interested in trading for a boat but its gotta be big enough to sleep on with a head and galley

Jasper 425 531 0151

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote