Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2015, 08:42 PM   #1
Site Team

'03 Dodge SMB w/penthouse

Looks to be a very clean, low mile rig if you're looking for a Dodge platform. No affiliation.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/rv ... 43510.html

DODGE SPORTSMOBILE, SUPER CLEAN 2003 DODGE RAN VAN, EXTREMELY low mileage, as of Jan 2015 only 39,620! Has STARCOOL/Rear AC, also plugs into campgrounds or ONAN generator! Very hard to find factory installed 2.8 ONAN with only 245 hours. 318 clean engine gets 20 MPG on the highway! Has a refrigerator, (very cold!) sink (not tested) stove, microwave and lots of storage cabinets for a class B! Has door storage/tables, center table with stand, screens on windows, AM/Fm CD/CB. Was senior owned/garaged from Arizona, NO RUST!

This Dodge SMB is extremely sought after because it is garageable, only 6' 9" height, 18' long, 6.5 width, has great tires and 4 NEW Blistein shocks all around. This can easily be used as a daily driver, not some extra RV sitting in your driveway! My mechanic was very impressed with the condition yours will be too! This is great "stealth" Rv, shades on all windows!

I used it as a mobile office, when penthouse raised it is has 6'6" headroom inside and a HUGE BED under the top, than lowers into a track! Sleeps 3-4, sofa pulls out to bed plus bed above. I have pink slip in hand and will get a new smog when I have a serious buyer ready. Registered till 12/2015!
Has minor touch paint touch ups needed on fiberglass fenders and a few loose drawers, I was going to pull them out, but decided to sell to buy my son a car.

NO LOWBALL OFFERS, NO TRADES! Best time to make an appointment to see it is Saturday or Sunday afternoons. This may be the best, lowest mileage Dodge SMB in the world! You could buy it, drive it a year and sell it for what you paid! Now, beat everybody else to this deal, ready to go camping?

Herb

Old 01-13-2015, 10:42 PM   #2

Re: '03 Dodge SMB w/penthouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
sink (not tested)...Was senior owned...
Sounds like a flip, no?
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:51 PM   #3

Sounds like quite a price for a 2wd Dodge. $33k?
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:18 AM   #4

....generator "only" has 245 hrs on it.........that seems like a fair bit of run time.....what's considered a lot of hours for a generator?

If it were a dirt bike, it'd be about time for a rebuild.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:42 AM   #5

More pics on his Ebay listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Dodge-Spor ... true&rt=nc

No affiliation

It looks pretty damn clean inside. Price does seem kinda high. Most of the recent Dodges I have seen have been listed under $10k. Granted they were a lot older, but they were still in pretty good shape.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:24 AM   #6

Garage

ot, but how come you never see extended dodge vans converted to campers? the utmost rear windows in those things are kinda neat how they wrap around the back.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:55 AM   #7

The last two Dodge SMB's I saw on Craigslist were EB's, but they were built off of cargo van base vehicles so they didn't have the wrap around windows towards the back.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:36 AM   #8

Roadtrek used to build almost all their class B models on the Dodge EB chassis, but the cargo version as noted.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:48 AM   #9

Garage

thanks for the replies gents. i didnt take into consideration the passenger vs cargo option. we have a daycare close to us that uses the dodge eb passengers to haul kiddos and i see their vans a lot. just had me wondering
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:07 PM   #10

"My mechanic was very impressed with the condition yours will be too!"

Yup, sounds flippy.

And one of the pics sez "Pedata RV Center" but it's listed as For Sale By OWNER!
(That kind of s&$t pisses me off) I'd flag their ad if I though a dealer was selling it!

Price seems too high. (I sold my 2000 Dodge nice, simple SMB pop top here two years ago for under $10k and it had relatively low mileage, guess I was a fool!)

Better deal in below post.....
gbail is offline   Reply With Quote