Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2015, 09:30 PM   #1

two for one

Not mine.

Two Vans for the price of one

http://eastidaho.craigslist.org/rvs/4936842780.html

I have two vans for sale. I would like to sell them together but will consider all offers. $14,500obo for both. I am also interested in trading for a good condition 4x4 diesel Excursion and can include cash for a really nice one.

First one is a 1995 E250 2wd Sportsmobile with the penthouse. 126,000 miles. Have been on several 600+ mile trips in the last year and everything is working properly.

New Michelen LTX M/S tires with less than 3000 miles on them.
Service records indicating new radiator in 03. Ball joints in 2004. Reman Alternator, Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter, Starter/Solenoid in 2007 around 87,000 miles. Added a rear leaf spring, installed front and rear sway bars and new front brakes and rotors in 2009 around 99,000miles.

Swivel seats, two optima blue tops, Xanthrex Truecharge 2 40amp, Norcold three-way and shurflo pump are are few of the included features. Most have the manuals.

One of the previous owners removed the kitchen and furnace but left the plumbing and wiring for easy re-installation.

Second one is a 1992 E350 7.3 non turbo idi with a quigley 4x4 conversion. 116,815miles.
I have owned it since 2011 and put around 1000miles on it. I drove it from West Virginia to Jackson, Wyoming with no problems. It starts and runs. Will need work. The body is very rusted.

The idea was to remove the ambulance body and go through the 7.3 diesel and recondition the chasis while using the sportsmobile in its current state eventually putting the Sportsmobile body on the ambulance chasis to create a bulletproof 7.3 diesel 4x4 sportsmobile for a fraction of what you would pay for a completed one. Two kids later and it isn't going to happen for me.

Let me know if you have any questions. Just respond to this via email with sportsmobile in the subject line. If the ad is still up they are available.

porterfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:52 AM   #2

Garage
Re: two for one

dang, bad timing we were in driggs last weekend. would have liked to have checked these out.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:52 PM   #3

I know "anything's possible with $$" but does anyone know if it is a pretty straightforward engine swap to put the 7.3 into a gasser, compared to something like the Cummins engine swap thread on here which seems very complex? If so, it seems like it would probably be easier to remove the 7.3 motor clean it up out of the van then swap it into the SMB van.(unless the rest of the drivetrain is radically different between the gas vs diesel vans)

Also, since the Ambulance is an EB and the SMB is a RB, are the frames the same length to allow for a body swap like the CL seller indicates that he wanted to do or would that be problematic as well?

I have no idea if this stuff is even possible but just a couple of questions that popped up in my head.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:01 PM   #4

I think the idea is that the ambulance is not just a 7.3, but also a 4WD Quigley, so most folks would want to bring that over, too.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:02 PM   #5

Found answers to my questions pretty quickly.

In case anyone is wondering:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/93...ap-thread.html
Old 03-18-2015, 03:08 PM   #6

I thought the idea was a frame swap, since you'd want to pull the body to go through the 7.3 anyway.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:24 PM   #7

Ben and Jage: Sounds like a good project for the two of you! Who's driveway should I have them towed delivered to?
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:30 PM   #8

Ben's. Mine is already packed with a dozen projects that I can't get to.