Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2015, 07:05 AM   #1

Garage
4wd minivan (kei vehicle) for sale in nevada.

not mine, but have always wanted one.

https://boise.craigslist.org/rvs/5052904718.html

Quote:
For Sale: One Mini Camo Van (see pics for size comparison). Like Ranger or Razor but completely enclosed and Camo shell. Daihatsu 92'. Has working A/C! Knobby, almost unused, off road tires with high end rims (see pics) 5 speed with reverse.
Amazing amount of room in a small package. Sound system/radio. New Battery. Full rear cargo door and storage behind 2nd row seat. Has been described as 'cute'..but this is a working mini 4WD suitable for hunting, farm or ranch utility work or just pleasure riding in the desert or woods, all while enclosed.
This is a used vehicle and for sale as is.
Email with inquiries or if you wish a call back. Located in Boulder City, NV.
No trades, shipping or low ballers please, cash only.
would love to put a mini poptop on something like this...

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:07 AM   #2

Re: 4wd minivan (kei vehicle) for sale in nevada.

Or just an RTT and go! Those are really cool. A friend of mine bought a couple (pickup models) for his farm. He showed them to me and they are truly neat. Lots of utility in a tiny package.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:56 AM   #3

Garage

yep. very cool little rigs. most all the japanese car manfs make some kind of kei vehicle. you can get all kinds of different configurations too. rear motor, mid motor, fwd, awd, and rwd. most of the trucks have tilt bed options...the list is endless. this guy is asking a lot for his. when my buddy bought his, they were 400 and 500 each. granted you gotta pay to get them back here too. the daihatsus seem to be the most popular and have the most options. they can also be made street legal here in idaho

a friend of mine imported a few in his last container. i wish i would have got a pic, but i pulled up one day at his shop and he had his four wheeler in back of his kei truck, then had his kei truck pulled in back of his dodge. it was a sight...
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 06-11-2015, 11:39 AM   #4

good day.........I am simply attempting to purchase one of these rigs - used.......where is the best place to look?.........I have some specific needs however.........any help would be greatly appreciated...........thanks
jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:59 PM   #5

Garage

not sure where you are, but there are lots of places around the us that specialize in the sales of japanese minitrucks or kei trucks.

a quick search of "kei minitruck sales" got me this place: http://www.minitruckdealer.com/

your best bet is to contact whatever one you can find closest to you and see what kind of inventory they have. some places inventory is still overseas so they make you pick a vehicle you cant physically touch or see in person until youve paid for it and its here. id avoid those types of scenarios. look for a place that keeps an inventory here so you can test drive it prior to purchase.

i also see them occasionally on our local craigslist. so cant hurt to hunt around first. remember these things are dirt cheap in japan. what youll be paying for is the process and the shipping. best of luck!