Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2015, 09:19 AM   #1

97 AdventureWagen 4X2 from the AW Board

There are few things in the world cooler than a Sportsmobile. In my view, one of those things is an AdventureWagen conversion from Ed Anderson's shop in Fort Bragg, CA.

Ed "made his bones" on the VW Vanagon platform, then got his head on right, and switched over to the Ford. The Vanagon ones have developed a cult-like following, the Ford ones, maybe not so much (¿Perhaps there are too few to start a cult?)

I like the fit and finish of the AdventureWagen better than my (former) SMB. And I like the warm use of hardwoods.

The vans are hard to find for sale, for two reasons:
1) There are not many for sale
2) Sometimes they get sold as "just another Class B," unrecognized that they are diamonds.

Anyway, from the Adventurewagen BB comes this ad:
(Not my van, no connection. I am passing it along for the good of the order)

Quote:
Sadly, it is time to sell our 1997 Adventurewagen. "Theo" hasn't had a good highway run in over a year, he needs an owner who will take him on new adventures!

Here are two still pictures:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/For ... /106606394

Here is a short video that shows all the interior and exterior and takes you for a ride!

"Theo" was built on a heavy-duty base: The Club Wagon XLT interior on the Ford E-350 chassis with 5.4L EFI V-8, Trailer-tow package, limited-slip 3.55 rear axle, and 16" aluminum wheels. On this base, Ed Anderson built his standard package which Adventurewagen owners know well. We also opted for the solar panel and the side awning, as you can see in the pics.

Later we added swing-out windows to the rear doors (Ford discontinued those in 1997, but we got a pair of '96 ones from an auto recycler and had them installed), and added a "Fan-Tastic" roof vent. In 'skeeter country, you can put the screens over the rear windows, turn on the Fan-Tastic, and have a bug-free ventilation. Last year we replaced the original refrigerator. When Theo turned 100,000 miles we gave him new ball-joints and a major tune-up. (All maintenance records are available.)

Do you have friends that have admired your AW? This is their chance, send them this email! Next week we will advertise on TheSamba and other RV forums.

We are asking $2x,000, but will listen to reasonable (cash) offers. If you have questions, or want to arrange a test drive or to have the vehicle checked out by your own mechanic, contact me by email:

Esmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:28 AM   #2

Re: 97 AdventureWagen 4X2 from the AW Board

Here's a more accessible link:

http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Recnumber=65759
Esmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote