Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2015, 10:23 AM   #1

2004 SMB 2wd for sale in SoCal $30,000

I came across this ad yesterday and wanted the forum members opinions on this van. This will be my 1st SMB and wanted to know if the asking price is fair? I am also looking at the red van that rallypanam is selling and would like to pull the trigger this weekend on one of these. I know they sell quickly as I have missed out on a few nice ones in the past couple of months.

Thanks in advance.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5234875848.html

lasolasgrandes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:21 AM   #2

Re: 2004 SMB 2wd for sale in SoCal $30,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasolasgrandes
I came across this ad yesterday and wanted the forum members opinions on this van. This will be my 1st SMB and wanted to know if the asking price is fair? I am also looking at the red van that rallypanam is selling and would like to pull the trigger this weekend on one of these. I know they sell quickly as I have missed out on a few nice ones in the past couple of months.

Thanks in advance.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5234875848.html
Checking in to see if you were able to find what you were looking for? I don't have much to offer with regards to your price question on this craigslist van. It looks to be in decent shape. Assuming there isn't a list of repair items, ie: tires, brakes, shocks, and the fact that it has some of the "goodies" on it, I would like 30K is a reasonable starting price.

I do have one questions though - is this style of front suspension lift is common on 2WD trucks/vans? It looks unsafe - everything is simply pulled away from the frame by placing tube steel blocks in between the frame and suspension components. The tube steel isn't "boxed" or gusseted in any way. Seems like everything could just be pushed to the side and collapse if hit just right.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:43 AM   #3

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

It is advertised as a "Full Tilt Performance Suspension". The company Full Tilt in San Clemente is the maker of the Action Van line of products and lifts - a well know and quality company and products.

The only items in their lift that use rectangular steel tubing are the drop brackets to lower the swaybar mounts and to lower the bump stops. This is acceptable and common and not a potential failure point.

The I-beam inner pivots and radius arm pivot boxes are fabricated from steel plate and well gusseted.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:57 AM   #4

Thanks for the clarification.