Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2014, 10:04 AM   #1

suspension parts, which will fit...not that easy

Some background.

The van is a 2000 RB E250 Cargo with the 5.4 and is 2wd.
It has a 2014 new take off E350 2wd front complete suspension from a vehicle that was converted to 4wd,
so again 2000 E250 body/frame, 2014 E350 front suspension(with my old springs). It also has some moog spacers up front on top of the springs for a lift, and the upgraded(newer style) swaybar.

I want to replace my factory worn out front springs so that I can get my van level to match the 2" blocks in the rear. While looking online, and at the parts counter at the dealer there are many different types of springs listed. Im assuming many of these are for different engine(gas/diesel/v10) weights and body classifications(250/350 etc). Unfortunately the parts counter guy didn't know which springs went to what van so thats brings me to you guys.

Here is a list of the parts numbers.

9C2Z-5310-U
9C2Z-5310-V
9C2Z-5310-X
F2UZ-5310-G
F2UZ-5310-G
F2UZ-5310-H
F2UZ-5310-Z

My questions would be, whats the spring that I am looking for to achieve the 1/2" or so more that I need to be nearly level, and are there aftermarket options that are better.

I would assume that all springs would fit being that I have my 2000 e250 springs mated to 2014 e350 suspension right now, and that all these codes are just different spring rates.

On another note, I also want to replace the shocks, and was going to go with bilstein. Ive read on here that most would go with the heavier duty shocks, what has been the actual real word experience to using these.

Thanks!

Just trying to get everything firmed up.

hammerhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #2

Re: suspension parts, which will fit...not that easy

Factory springs won't make much difference in ride height, but heavier ones will make the ride firmer. I've tried 4 different sets of springs and finally made some spacers to set the ride height and kept the springs that rode well.

I wanted ~2" of lift, so you may have better results.

I have a set of Super Springs 5000# springs if you want to try them.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:40 PM   #3

Thank you,

Ill look into it a bit more, thanks for the offer.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:03 PM   #4

My stock springs were 3550 and I had variable rate 4600# springs put it. I couldn't decipher the Ford letter codes, so I just dropped the van off at Snyder's in Albany and they got the springs from Moog. It raised it about 1.5" over stock. That did require new camber bushings. I'm pretty sure I did that before you drove it. I later added some coil-rite airbags for the some loading situations, like dirt-bike hanging off the front hitch.

The 4600 springs were a little stiff empty before the van's makeover, but with the BuckStop up front they are just about right, if not a little soft. I think 5k springs might be a little rough without a winch bumper.

I can stop by sometime if you want to check it out again.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:20 PM   #5

Yeah this discussion may need a bit more in depth study

Ill be in touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb
My stock springs were 3550 and I had variable rate 4600# springs put it. I couldn't decipher the Ford letter codes, so I just dropped the van off at Snyder's in Albany and they got the springs from Moog. It raised it about 1.5" over stock. That did require new camber bushings. I'm pretty sure I did that before you drove it. I later added some coil-rite airbags for the some loading situations, like dirt-bike hanging off the front hitch.

The 4600 springs were a little stiff empty before the van's makeover, but with the BuckStop up front they are just about right, if not a little soft. I think 5k springs might be a little rough without a winch bumper.

I can stop by sometime if you want to check it out again.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:41 AM   #6
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

Ramsey's (Agileoffroad) R.I.P. Kit comes with 3000# progressive coils, but are mated to custom valved fox shocks....
Talk to Ramsey or Chris at ujoint, they may have your solution. Yes, and a good local shop may be able to tell you what you need
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:08 AM   #7

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

We have the right setup - this is a 2013 RB with 5.4L.

Stock:

After, with 2" rear block and 2" springs:

Here is is with above lift, FOX shocks, lined roof in white, lined rockers in black, wheels and 33" BFG's, Aluminess Rack and Ladder - waiting on Aluminess Bumpers, Nerf Bars and Bushwackers. It also got our front fender mod and sliding door mod. Cool little 2wd van that drives like a sports car:

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:07 AM   #8

That is a great set-up. I have a call in to Quigley to see what they will charge me for the new take-off parts. My van is not selling so it is time to tweak it a bit and keep using her. What wheels did you go with in that photo?
catmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmandu
That is a great set-up. I have a call in to Quigley to see what they will charge me for the new take-off parts. My van is not selling so it is time to tweak it a bit and keep using her. What wheels did you go with in that photo?
looks like the same ones i have, level 8 trackers
Old 05-27-2014, 09:28 AM   #10

I was recommended Moog Cargo Springs CC880S, which give about 1" of lift at the front.

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote