Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2015, 12:52 PM   #1

Transit with Ecoboost review

Looks like it performs well, just wish it looked better. http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/ful ... van-review

Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 02:55 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Transit with Ecoboost review

I'll bet someone with good photo shop skills can put an Aluminess bumper on it, lift it, stick some big tires on it then cut down the giant forehead top and make it look OK. Still not much of an expedition vehicle I'm guessing.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:22 PM   #3

"The alternative to contraception"

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:28 PM   #4

I know, that killed me. I'm sure some huge improvements in the visual can be made with the right lift, tires, bumper, rack etc. but as of yet I haven't really seen one done up right. Even the few Quadvan and Quigley models I've seen haven't had much of a lift or after market wheels and tires. Hey at least if doesn't help create fast situations one way, you can at least mash the throttle and go fast another slightly less satisfying way.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:43 PM   #5
Site Team

It's very rare to have a negative review of an [s:7q0exexn]advertser[/s:7q0exexn] major car company, so I never put much weight to a review in a mainstream automotive magazine.

Herb
Old 07-27-2015, 08:03 PM   #6

I'm usually not fussed about looks, but.....ouch. That thing looks like a big ugly bug.

With some care and of course $$$, I figure that we can get another decade out of our E350.

R
Old 08-11-2015, 06:46 PM   #7
Site Team

Garage

Well... a little better but still needs the wheel wells cutout, bigger tires and maybe the roof cut down a bit.

It is much better looking than the Promaster IMO.

But I still prefer the tricked out Sprinter out of the three. I like the shorter stance of the Sprinter with the low top.

I'd like to see a Sprinter with an Aluminess bumper that has a bull bar setup. [Edit] They seem to make them for Sprinters other than the Mercedes (like the Dodge) but the Mercedes is the best looking IMO...sorry Dodge owners, just me. The Mercedes seems to look most like some of the off road vehicles they're pushing over in Europe, not that I'm patting them on the back. The thing is growing on me I guess Did I just say that?

I do wonder how the Transit performs on dirt compared to the Sprinter. Is anybody doing a 4x4 conversion to these yet? Seems strange Aluminess is making such major mods for the Transit.
Attached Thumbnails
Aluminess transit.JPG   Transit 1.JPG   DSCN1347P1_thumb1.jpg   IMG_6907_thumb2.jpg  

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:01 PM   #8

We do make the light bars for all of the Sprinter Based vans, including the Mercedes. The main difference is the height of the hoop. We are also in the middle of a new design that will work with the factory parking sensors. Later down the line we will have a slimline front bumper that fits the profile of the vehicle a little better than our full winch bumper.

Both Quigley and NW Quadvan are working on the Transit 4x4. I believe Quigley only has it available for a couple of the Transit Configurations. NW Quadvan is looking to have it available for all of the Transit Configurations. Both companies should be taking orders for them at this point.
aluminess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminess
We do make the light bars for all of the Sprinter Based vans, including the Mercedes. The main difference is the height of the hoop. We are also in the middle of a new design that will work with the factory parking sensors. Later down the line we will have a slimline front bumper that fits the profile of the vehicle a little better than our full winch bumper.

Both Quigley and NW Quadvan are working on the Transit 4x4. I believe Quigley only has it available for a couple of the Transit Configurations. NW Quadvan is looking to have it available for all of the Transit Configurations. Both companies should be taking orders for them at this point.
Really? That's super interesting. Been following the Quigley blog http://www.quigley4x4.com/NewsandEvents ... fault.aspx and didn't even know John was doing anything. He told me a year ago they were sticking to the frame vans for now.

Thanks
odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 11:35 PM   #10

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/04/qu ... t-4x4.html
Onefin is offline   Reply With Quote