Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2014, 05:36 AM   #1

just bought a sprinter sportsmobile... how did i do guys?

hello everyone, im currently building a 4x4 econoline excursion/expedition vehicle, but while that is being built, i figured i needed something to travel and do my mountain biking, kayaking, etc with... so i bought a sprinter sportsmobile on ebay!

i looked for prices of used sprinter sportsmobiles to compare to, but didnt really find anything... can you guys tell me how i did price wise? can you put a price/ current market value on my 2006 sprinter 2500 sportsmobile with 152k?
Attached Thumbnails
$_3-17.jpeg  

jedsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:37 AM   #2

Re: just bought a sprinter sportsmobile... how did i do guys

Attached Thumbnails
$_3-19.jpeg  
Old 08-11-2014, 05:38 AM   #3

Attached Thumbnails
$_3-10.jpeg  
Old 08-11-2014, 05:39 AM   #4

Attached Thumbnails
$_3.jpeg  
Old 08-11-2014, 08:44 AM   #5

Can't help you with the value but nice ride you found there. I've always dreamed of setting up a Sprinter just like that for motorcycle racing.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:35 AM   #6

I believe I saw this on ebay - it that's the one I thought the price for a Sprinter body and camper was solid. I think when the time comes you'll do fine selling the rig.
bshillam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #7

Brains a bit cloudy on Sprinters, researched them a while ago. I think the 2006 and older are more sought after due to engine configuration. I can't help on price but I've always liked the dual compartment configuration. The layout of yours is almost ideal for us. You could always have Whitefeather 4x4 it if you want to make it your expo vehicle. I'd love a tin topped pop-top and really like the all metal body of the Sprinters.

-John
Old 08-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnandMandi
Brains a bit cloudy on Sprinters, researched them a while ago. I think the 2006 and older are more sought after due to engine configuration. I can't help on price but I've always liked the dual compartment configuration. The layout of yours is almost ideal for us. You could always have Whitefeather 4x4 it if you want to make it your expo vehicle. I'd love a tin topped pop-top and really like the all metal body of the Sprinters.

-John
Spot on, to me at least. The earlier ones had the legendary inline 5-cylinder diesel that Merc has built forever. My dad had a few diesel wagons with it. Bulletproof, but the boost is turned way up on the Sprinters vs. the older cars so they don't last quite as long IIRC. They got better fuel mileage too. I always got 20 or more in my work Sprinter and that thing would run like a scalded dog.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:37 AM   #9

yep, it was an ebay purchase. i needed somethin since there was no way i was gonna get my econoline done in time, as we are leaving for 3 weeks to go to oregon in september. we are very much looking forward to the trip now, im hoping for no mechanical issues, guess i better educate myself on the maintainance and things to be concerned about keeping an eye on for the sprinter...
Old 08-13-2014, 11:31 AM   #10

I think you did great! I wanted to buy it but I live california and couldn't justify the travel expenses. If after your Oregon trip you want to sell contact me. Im very serious, Thanks
marc
530-867-0781
fredaudi is offline   Reply With Quote