Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2015, 07:13 PM   #1

Sprinter NOX Sensor Replacement

Has anyone else had to update computer software or replace the NOX sensors in their Sprinter SMB after having the check engine light come on? Our 2014 Sprinter SMB has been in the MB shop twice now for the check engine light coming on. The first time, the MB shop said the codes indicated a problem with the NOX sensors and their protocol called for them to update the software in the vehicle’s computer. This was done and the problem seemed to go away and all was well for a while. After about 1,000 miles, the check engine light came on a second time. This time, the MB shop replaced the two NOX sensors in the exhaust system. We’ve put nearly 500 miles on the vehicle since MB replaced the NOX sensors and so far so good. We’re just curious if others have had similar problems related to NOX sensors.

JJSporty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:23 AM   #2

Re: Sprinter NOX Sensor Replacement

Similar problem with my 2010 Sprinter. It has been in the shop twice and the light is on right now at 35000 miles. My observations are that when I go over 9000 feet it goes on and will stay on until I spend several hundred miles at a lower elevation. Currently I just ignore it since the MB mechanics aren't too worried and it does eventually go off. I'm interested to know that others have a similar problem.
docd is offline   Reply With Quote