Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2015, 03:08 PM   #1

Sewer hose storage tube length

We are getting close to a Sprinter purchase. We are looking at a 170" wheelbase extended and a conversion that will be very similar to the EB-110S. Can anyone tell me the length of the sewer hose storage tube that Sportsmobile typically installs on these? Thanks.

mechmike10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:06 PM   #2

Re: Sewer hose storage tube length

Welcome to the forum!

Not sure and it probably depends on which SMB location and anyway you can specify what you want. The 20-foot slinky hose from Walmart is very high quality, it stretches to 20 feet (almost always enough) and stores in about 5 feet of 4-inch PVC pipe. Not sure this meets RVIA specifications (so SMB can't do it) but I rigged up mine to store the hose next to the exit fitting so I never have to disconnect it. Hooking up the fitting is always the worst part of dumping since a few drops come out when you take off the blank-off and again when you disconnect the hose.

David
Old 11-24-2015, 05:52 PM   #3

Re: Sewer hose storage tube length

Thanks. I asked this because we currently have a travel trailer that came without a rear bumper and a very small sewer hose storage pipe (hols 6-8 feet tops). I added a much longer pipe myself, but I'm trying to head off a similar problem. We regularly stay at two very nice oceanfront campgrounds that are fabulous, but have some sewer hose connections that are in the most inconvenient locations possible; you need at least 15 feet to get to some of them, 20 feet being better.
mechmike10 is offline   Reply With Quote