Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #1

Custom Functional Bedding

While assisting my Daughter and Son In Law in the out fitting of their new Airstream yesterday it occurred to me that I had never shared a great source for very well made and extremely usable ready made or custom Bedding for our SportsMobile .We have used this company for several RVs and a couple of hard to fit Boats and found them to be very customer friendly . They are essentially large custom made Sleeping Bags ! that have removable washable Sheets , the beauty of this product is that they are reversible for temperature comfort , heavier on one side for winter and of course thinner on the reverse for warmer times . We have used ours from 5 degrees below to 70 degrees above with very satisfactory results . I brought this subject up because of the importance of nice bedding that seems to make our better halves very happy !
The web address is http://www.RVSuperbag.com
Greggd

Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #2

Re: Custom Functional Bedding

We have also used this company and they have excellent products.
just in case anyone wanted a second opinion.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
Site Team

So, essentially it's two blankets/comforters that zip together on three sides, and includes a top and bottom sheet set that go inside the RV Superbag?

Herb
Old 12-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #4

Yes Herb it actually is a large to gigantically large custom made to your order sleeping bag made of top notch fabrics (your choice of colors) they will actually accept a pattern that you provide of your mattress and make the bag to that size and confirmation .On my Daughters Airstream the King size bed has a slight radius at one end and they are going to custom make it to fit that specific bed . The quality of workmanship has been quite high with all of the bags we have purchased from them ,in fact the bag that we used for the first three years of our SportsMobiles use was a ten year old Bag that was made for one of the Berths on a Grady White that we owned .I would think you could figure out a great design for your Tear Drop Trailer !
Greggd
Old 12-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #5

We've had ours for that last 4-5 months and it works great!! Great customer service too.

2006 EB 350 QuadVan V-10 (Working on Build out now)
2006 Quigley V-10 (Sold)
https://www.BrentHaywoodPhotography.com
https://www.facebook.com/haywoodphoto (Almost Daily Updates)
haywoodphotomaccom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:04 AM   #6
Site Team

Sounds promising. Two last questions, and this could be a deal breaker.

Are there three zippers, and are they two-way zippers? My wife needs, yes needs, to be able to stick a foot out from under blankets or out the bottom/side of a sleeping bag, in order to be able to sleep comfortably. In here words, she "needs to be able to stick a dog out". Can't say I disagree either. If we could unzip the bottom of each side this could be the solution we're looking for.

It would be nice id their choice of fabrics was a little better than early 90's RV interior though.

Herb
Old 12-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #7

Herb , I would bet that a third zipper could be added in your order and I would contact them and ask if they are able to accommodate this need . I actually think that this is a great idea as I frequently leave my side unzipped so that I am able to regulate body heat with this leg projection method , and yes the patterned fabrics are quite antiquated , we have only owned the the solid materials do to their ability to open up a smaller confined area and of course the color/pattern choices .
Greggd
Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #8

We have a slightly less designer option, but nevertheless very comfortable: 2 Coleman Big Game sleeping bags zipped together. I know they unzip at the bottom when used as a single, I don't know why (but have not done so myself) they would not have the same functionality when zipped together. That is a great option, by the way. Might warrant a call to Coleman.
webbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbmac
We have a slightly less designer option, but nevertheless very comfortable: 2 Coleman Big Game sleeping bags zipped together. I know they unzip at the bottom when used as a single, I don't know why (but have not done so myself) they would not have the same functionality when zipped together. That is a great option, by the way. Might warrant a call to Coleman.
Steve,

That's actually a very appealing option. I have military surplus cold weather sleeping systems for all of us (light weight bag, heavy weigh bag, bivy sack) that are very warm (overkill) for the teardrop, but they can't be joined together.

With the Coleman bags you have, can they be zipped together, one on top of the other, so the zippers would be to the outside of the bags, rather than inbetween the two people sleeping? That way we could unzip one side to stick out that leg.

thanks,
Herb
Old 12-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #10

Garage

^^^ we have 2 cheapy, light weight, fred meyer sleeping bags that zip together like that and each bag starts its zip at the feet. however, they wont unzip from the bottom up. we each have our own zipper on each side though.

even though they are light bags, they are still overkill for july and august and we both find ourselves regulating heat like your wife does, lol.

great post though Greggd. those look like really nice sleeping bags.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote