Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2015, 09:31 PM   #1
evy

Ford 2010 Headlights compatibilty? E150 vs F150

Ok so I was looking to change my front headlights (from the black to chrome)

And I found these on a website similar to craigslist, the seller actually accepted to trade them for my black OEM headlights, but he says they fit on either the E series or the F series and He's not sure but he think they come from a 2008 F150? I think they look a lot like the E250 chrome model, Now before I drive one hour to get them I just want to make sure that what he's saying is accurate.

I googled it and these are the only models that come close (but not identical) is the 2008 F250 Super Duty.

Are they compatible? I'm a bit confused here, please I don't need any IMOs.
Thanks!

Old 08-07-2015, 11:25 PM   #2

Re: Ford 2010 Headlights compatibilty? E150 vs F150

Before you make that drive, let me tell you that I have an 08 E350 with the "aero" or Euro headlights, whatever you want to call them. Though I like the looks better than the sealed beam style, I hate them.

Why? When we are driving at night on a deserted road, my wife asks me "When are you going to turn the high beams on?" and my answer is "They ARE on!"
Old 08-08-2015, 05:21 AM   #3
evy

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographix
Before you make that drive, let me tell you that I have an 08 E350 with the "aero" or Euro headlights, whatever you want to call them. Though I like the looks better than the sealed beam style, I hate them.

Why? When we are driving at night on a deserted road, my wife asks me "When are you going to turn the high beams on?" and my answer is "They ARE on!"
Ho really, the chrome/aero/euro headlights are not as strong as the black contoured ones??
But they are both OEM?? That's just weird.

I did plan on getting some 4300K Xenon bulbs with ballast, to match all the LED foglights I have, maybe that would "fix" the issue?
Old 08-08-2015, 07:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographix

No Kidding......the high beams seem worse than low beams....almost like they are wired backwards

Evy: Before you make the journey, the smart thing to do is go online and search for "Ford OEM Parts" then compare the Ford P/N's of the two assemblies. That gives you a definitive answer. IIIRC there are some wiring pigtail differences as well. I don't think that the two different types are plug and play.......Do a search here as well for the conversion; there is at least one thread about it.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evy
Ho really, the chrome/aero/euro headlights are not as strong as the black contoured ones??
But they are both OEM?? That's just weird.

I did plan on getting some 4300K Xenon bulbs with ballast, to match all the LED foglights I have, maybe that would "fix" the issue?

It can't hurt to change out the bulbs for something better. It's one of the things on my long To Do list. We don't do a lot of night driving, so it hasn't bubbled to the top yet. I keep hoping an LED solution can be found.

Here's some close ups of my 08 headlights. They look a little different from the ones on the F250 pic you posted.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:05 PM   #6

If you're looking to upgrade your headlights without changing too much, look into JW speaker or truck Lite headlights. They are plug-and-play LED and Dot approved. From the videos and pictures I have seen they are very impressive and are on my to do list.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:57 PM   #7
evy

Ok guys thanks for all the info.
So weak lighting is just the tip of the iceberg, the chrome housing is H13 type bulbs and the black contour is a sealed H6054 type bulb, so not sure if the plugs are compatible...

I know people have done it but... seems like a hole lot of trouble for a mod and I'm new to all this so...
Old 08-09-2015, 01:11 PM   #8
evy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso
If you're looking to upgrade your headlights without changing too much, look into JW speaker or truck Lite headlights. They are plug-and-play LED and Dot approved. From the videos and pictures I have seen they are very impressive and are on my to do list.
Looking around on ebay I fell upon these, they are plug and play and would fit very well with the LED fog lights I installed.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1X-7x6-LED-CRE...ATCHING_ACTIVE

I did see the JW speaker you mentioned, they do seem very nice and interesting but they are very expensive.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:03 PM   #9

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007ED7HN ... ref=plSrch
Old 08-09-2015, 08:04 PM   #10

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007ED7HN ... ref=plSrch