Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #1
Site Team

New trailer for our SMB

This past Friday we bought a Chaser Adventure Trailer to pull behind our Sportsmobile. It has 17" tires, alloy wheels, electric breaks, a 20 gallon water tank, front storage box, and 360 degree rotating axis hitch.

We weren't driving the SMB when we picked up the trailer in Prescott, Arizona. When we drove back to Wyoming via Flagstaff up Highway 89 every time we stopped to see the sights someone came up to see the trailer and ask us where we got it. I'm used to this with the SMB, but I didn't expect it with the trailer. Now when I'm pulling the trailer behind the SMB it will take twice as long as I show the van and the trailer to people.

If you are looking for an extremely well-built off-road trailer I highly recommend Adventure Trailers. Mario, Martyn and Clint were wonderful to work with. Their service is outstanding. We had no intention of buying a trailer when we dropped in on them. We just hoped to see a trailer being built and look at their facility. Luckily they had a trailer on their lot they had built during a slow period. All of their trailers are custom-built to the customer's specifications. But I am not patient enough to wait six to eight weeks for a trailer to be built. So I bought the one they had. It's the first time they have ever sold a trailer this way.

They can match the color of the trailer to the color of your SMB. Since we may be selling our SMB and buying a new (used) one, we thought the white color was perfect for us now.

If you are interested here is the website for Adventure Trailers: http://adventuretrailers.com/

Now that we have a new trailer, our old one is for sale. It's yours for just $600. It is an Adventure Sports Products SRT Trailer, Wide Conqueror Radial A/T 30x9.50R15LT off-road tires, cargo space 6'x 4'x 2'. Perfect for hauling all of your gear behind jeep, car or motorcycle. The trailer is located in Evanston, Wyoming (90 miles from Salt Lake City). JUST SOLD THE OLD TRAILER!

Old 11-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #2
Site Team

Re: New trailer for our SMB

Come on Mac, where are the pics with it open? You just can't tease us like that.

Congrats on the purchase.

Herb
Old 11-03-2014, 04:28 PM   #3
Site Team

It's just an empty cargo trailer inside. But I just finished loading it up with all of my camping gear, so any picture taken now would not be that exciting.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:44 PM   #4

Nice Mac! Looks great!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:10 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmcintire
It's just an empty cargo trailer inside. But I just finished loading it up with all of my camping gear, so any picture taken now would not be that exciting.
Sorry, for some reason I thought the AT trailers had fold out tents inside, but I guess they use roof top tents (if that's what the customer orders).

Herb
Old 11-04-2014, 05:40 AM   #6
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

Nice impulse buy there Mac! AT might rethink their "made to order only" strategy and keep a few on the lot with popular items installed for when people drop in on them like that. I know I would want to see a few of them lined up, I would be more likely to purchase, all the other stuff can be added to the base anyway.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:17 AM   #7

hi nice trailer..what smb did you think about selling.
bill1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:24 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1929
hi nice trailer..what smb did you think about selling.
I only have one. I've been watching the Forum to see if there on any good deals on a 4X4 EB newer than my 2002. Then, of course, I would have to get a good price for mine. If someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse I might sell my SMB before buying a new one.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #9
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

Mac, I'm sure you've considered converting yours to 4X4 vs. buying another one? My next one will most likely be a Frankenstein, Chevy duramax with boulder off road 4X4, CCV top, van specialties interior. I've got at least another 100K to go on the 7.3 first.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:58 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF
Mac, I'm sure you've considered converting yours to 4X4 vs. buying another one? My next one will most likely be a Frankenstein, Chevy duramax with boulder off road 4X4, CCV top, van specialties interior. I've got at least another 100K to go on the 7.3 first.
My wife needs an electric lift on the PH top. She can't lift it alone. And we want an extended bed. She also prefers one without all of the "manly" stuff I put on our SMB. She just wants a plain 4x4 SMB that we can use for camping on roads no rougher than going to Toroweep in the Grand Canyon. She's about $20,000 too late telling me this.