Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #1

03 EB E350 quigley 4x4, 5.4 v8, 67k miles, lots of upgrades!

Putting out some feelers on my van....

It is a 2003 quigley ford e350 4x4 5.4 v8 with 67k low miles, extended body. Not a sportsmobile but a lot of nice upgrades and a rather clean slate for your own conversion. Super reliable because in the last 7k miles I have professionally done the following....!

New spark plugs
New belts
New bushings
New filters
Lubed all bearings, driveshafts, etc...
New fluids- transfer case, both diffs, radiator, transmission, regular oil changes
Rebuilt transmission with Heavy duty torque converter and TUGGER kit (under warranty for 12k miles and bullet proof, same upgrade the diesel performance tow guys do...)shifts are tight and fast!
Aluminess front bumper, ladder, and swing arm tire carrier....expensive!
Custom valved fox shocks and coils from BAJASPORTSMOBILES 4x4 shop in CA (makes this thing drive like a dream.....waaaaay better than a stock quigley...it's fun to drive now
http://www.agileoffroad.com/
Custom aluminum wheels
Mechanic checked and inspected with all paperwork
RAAM audio mat sound insulation installed in all doors
Dynil home theatre sound deadener mat installed firewall to bumper....quiet ride!
Exercise mat flooring
Tow hitch and wiring (1500 lb tongue weight rated)
LED blinkers, brake lights and backup lights
Brakes were done @ 57k
New side door gasket

Interior was a cargo, I built a very simple and spartan insulated interior camper layout....wood paneling, eco insulation, bed platform, shelves, nothing special....easy to remove if you want to do the full camper appliance conversion...I added a sportsmobile swivel passenger seat!

The issues: tiny BB sized dings here and there, stock radio with no speakers currently, some clear coat scratches, tires are winter studded off road, good tread, studs are worn 245/75r16, upfront interior has some slight wear where the bulkhead was installed, slider door could use some love and lube.

Sunny salt free Colorado truck, NO rust, was a healthcare fleet vehicle before me, well maintained. 10-14 mpg at 75 mph....never offer road'ed, just some forest service dirt roads. Never towed...the hitch was installed for my dirt bike carrier. I use it for my wilderness catering business for young adult cancer survivors learning to rock climb.

Link to pics
https://plus.google.com/app/basic/ph...wa&gpsrc=pwrd1

I'm asking $25k for our beloved "KrishnaVan"
selling because I want a unimog!
Currently in carbondale, Colorado

Ajamboree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:40 PM   #2

Garage
Re: 03 EB E350 quigley 4x4, 5.4 v8, 67k miles, lots of upgra

saw this van (or one that looked identicle) in route last monday around twin falls. looks good rolling man. glws!
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:44 PM   #3

That was us! End of a three month western state road trip, headed eastbound to Colorado .....did I see your silver van westbound?
Old 02-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #4

Garage

I thought that was the same van. very unique color and pretty hard to miss, lol.

we were headed back to boise after a long weekend on the teton pass, but our van is white not silver...but it was super dirty (still is) so it may have appeared silver at 75 mph. we have a rack on the back that had 12 boards on it.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 02-21-2014, 03:54 PM   #5

Totally saw you guys....Teton pass....love it up there!
Old 02-21-2014, 04:09 PM   #6

Garage

ya, i grew up on that pass. we were forced to, back then snowboards wernt allowed at resorts. kick myself in the ass for moving away from it everytime i go back. especially after midnight runs up there such a cool experience...

im jealous of any 3 month trip, especially around the nw. sorry to see youre parting with you van though. its a real eye catcher. i wont clutter up your fs add anymore, good luck finding a new home for KrishnaVan
Old 04-29-2014, 02:19 PM   #7

Bump...now with 72k miles...drives like a dream!

Click the link in my earlier post to see an album of the interior build....
Old 05-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #8

More photos folks....

http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/Ajamb ... Ford%20Van
Old 05-07-2014, 04:13 PM   #9
Site Team

Good luck with the sale, but while a Unimog has a total 'cool' factor, I don't think you'll find one as drivable as your Quigley, and you sure won't be doing 75mph. Keep the Quigley.

Herb
Old 05-21-2014, 05:59 PM   #10

(Comment about posting inside pics now deleted, since inside pics are now linked above)
gbail is offline   Reply With Quote