Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2014, 09:08 PM   #1

1997 E350 Pre-Runner for sale - OHIO

SOLD!

Lizard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:54 AM   #2

Re: 1997 E350 Pre-Runner for sale - OHIO

SOLD!
Old 03-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #3

200 views and not a peep? Anyone have any input? Am I crazy on the pricing? Am I better off slapping on the stock stuff and selling everything off?
Old 03-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard1
200 views and not a peep? Anyone have any input? Am I crazy on the pricing? Am I better off slapping on the stock stuff and selling everything off?
Two things I noticed:
a. after reading through your post, I can't seem to find "pricing", crazy or not. Maybe put the price in the heading.

b. rust... you've got rust. You call it "typical rust"... rust is only typical in a VERY small portion on the country. That aspect would kill the deal for me at any price.
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:05 PM   #5

Agree with above poster I read through it 2 or 3x and did not see said price. If you do return to stock I would be interested in several things depending on pricing.
89srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #6

I didn't see price also.. If you do part it I am interested in front bumpers with lights, rear bumper and the tire carrier, Bushwhacker fender flares and the grill..
Splatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #7

I would also be interested in the tire carrier
Old 03-16-2014, 04:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard1
Two things I noticed:
a. after reading through your post, I can't seem to find "pricing", crazy or not. Maybe put the price in the heading.

b. rust... you've got rust. You call it "typical rust"... rust is only typical in a VERY small portion on the country. That aspect would kill the deal for me at any price.

Actually, anywhere in the midwest and northeast are showing rust like this. Every econoline I've looked at has rust. There are some 2010s with worse rust than I have. You live down south and I am sure in your region, there are numerous clean and rust free rigs. Being this is 17 years old and started life in Michigan and now Ohio, it is typical.

I had a heck of a time finding a low rust van. Most had the bottoms chewed out and missing. The rust I have in the doors is looking worse as the winter driving I have done. It cleans nicely and I can show a before and after...

I look on ebay and auto trader and find 1997-2005s with 200k and LOADS more rust that have eaten the lower rears and fender wells and selling for $2-$3k. Some are asking $4k plus and still more miles, more rust and nothing in terms of add-ons...

I just am looking for some help pricing this thing. I'd consider selling everything off of it, but I am willing to bet that it would take too long and most likely make more overall, but just do not know where to start...

So, if I were to keep the lift (I simply cannot afford to pay to have swapped over) and put on the stock wheels and tires and all the XLT stuff, what can I get for the wheels, bumpers, front brush guard and aluminess back? Then, what would I get for the van?

I just think all at once makes more sense to me and hopefully a quicker sale...

Sorry, guys. I just really need to get a sprinter and I think the trailer will sell fast. The issue is that I do not have much to weigh it against. And, out here, there aren't many of these and most think it is silly that I did it. Loads of people that think it is cool, but nobody that is willing to dive in and buy...
Old 03-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #9

I didn't realize it was 2WD.. I assumed it was a 4x4.. I should just buy it and transfer all the good stuff to my 2002 Ford E350.. Which along with what I mention above.. Would now also include wheels and tires.. Maybe the suspension and shocks and lift kit.. Let me know what you want for it.. Seriously.. I have cash..

Below is what I posted on another forum about our van.. We bought it about 1 1/2 years ago (sorry not a sportsmobile)..

My wife and I purchased a new (to us) vehicle yesterday and we are both very excited and very happy with our purchase.. I'm so excited I just wanted to scream a little more about it.. So hope y'all don't mind if I share it here..

We have been driving a Ford E150 that we bought new in 1998.. 14 years later and 290,000 kms she is showing her age and the body is rusting out.. We have been very happy with the Ford E150 but at times we wish the`load height from the back was higher than about 4 feet to make it easier to load dirt bikes into the van and when needed stand up.. Because it is not easy to load dirt bikes inside, we very seldom do and mostly use a bumper carrier or tow a trailer..

The dream vehicle would be the Mercedes Sprinter where even the regular version has a load height of about 5 feet.. But I really didn't want to spent about $40,000 to purchase one and not sure about reliability (read some stories online)..

Ford does not make a high roof version.. But have seen some Ford Econolines which were custom modified for transporting those in wheelchairs with high roof and some had the rear doors modified higher.. Because of the custom modified roof and the wheelchair lift etc prices can be quite expensive or have very high mileage..

Well we came across this yesterday.. It was a 2002 but had only 73,000 km and has almost no rust.. Notice the high roof..

And the custom modified higher rear doors..

Inside there are two extra seats in the rear (compared to no seats in the rear in our cargo van).. Remove the two seats and we can now easily carry two dirt bikes inside.. Or leave the two seats installed and we can carry one dirt bike inside and when needed one on the bumper carrier.. Another possibility would be to carry up to three passengers and then tow a trailer with up to three more dirt bikes..

Will remove the rear lift.. And either store it or sell it (worth $1000 to $2000).. The van also came with a high tech alarm and remote starter.. Have been checking every so often on Craigslist and Ebay.. And thought we would have to spend $20,000 or more.. Found this one listed on Craigslist for $12,995.. Not sure if I should post it.. But we only paid $10,500 (plus tax) and came satisfied, e-tested and in mint condition..

Splatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #10

I also forgot to mention mine also has a remote starter and alarm.

Also, will come with FULL factory manuals. Service ones - also the OEM user manuals and even the new window decal.

Splatman, let me know. I don't know what to charge for everything. You'd have a lot of labor to transfer over from one to another. But, you could buy the van and do it on your own and save a ton. The components are not rusted out and are easily able to be transferred only being a couple of years old. This is the first winter I have driven it. I try and get it washed as often as I can after driving it to avoid rust creaping faster...

Your van sound awesome. I think the price is right for sure. You'd have a lot more in buying what I have on mine, but at the end of the day, I think you have a great platform.

Hell, buy mine and transfer and sell mine as stock. Everything is there to do so plus what is on your van and then you can sell the better take off stuff. Guys are always looking for the seats and the bumpers and such... You could make some on that also.

Basically, you'd more than pay for everything...

i am in Ohio. You mentioned km... I assume Canada?