Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2014, 04:29 PM   #1

Forum Exclusive: Ultrasport 12 Jamie's van FOR SALE... SOLD

So, Suzann wishes to sell her van. She has only used it a few times since Jamie passed. She, understandably, doesn't want to see it just sit. She is "showing" the van here, only, and not on C-list or Ebay, so friends get the opportunity.

I have no connection to the van, no interests/stake or even any access to the van. I am just helping Suzann with this as a friend. I have seen the van and shared a campground... it is solid.

A little background on Jamie that is pertinent to "getting" this offer. He passed away from a sudden and acute blood disorder about a year and a half ago. He was a very helpful and thoughtful... and, well, fun forum dude... even was an admin.

In real life he was a Porsche mechanic trainer. Mad skill, took me a couple of tries to even spell Poorsh. Dude knew his way around the garage! So, as a witness, everything that he put into the van was done right.

The van is in Palo Alto/SF Bay area. PM me for contact. The package includes the van and some goodies. This list has some surprises in it.

Hi Marc! thanks for your help!!2008 Ford E350 extended van V10 2wd
Insulation, sound dampening (it is like a tomb when you shut the doors)
Ceiling fan (that doesn't let light in so you can sleep in peace)
Lighting through out the van
Inverter
Upgraded speakers and subwoofer that he took from his Audi
Pioneer Navi system and DVD player and traffic
Dropdown HD video screen (I think it's 23 inches)
New leather seats, driver side is powered. Although he spilled something on the seat so it's not perfect but it's on the sitting surface so not too obvious
it's wired with 12v througout the van
There are micro usb and mini usb plugs that power phones and such
There is a floor he put in on top of the van floor where the fridge sits.
There is a ARB 63 quart fridge freezer http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-Fridge-Free ... 21328.aspx
Windows are wired to do a one touch down
Locks all engage once the van reaches a certain speed
There is autostart controlled by remote (but it's not currently working for some reason, I think it's a setting on the remote)
New brakes (front that Jamie did, and rear that Jorge did...or vice versa)
LED brakelights that Jorge put in
2 auxillary batteries
Water tank that holds 25 gallons
E track (came with the van)
Bed with an almost new memory foam mattress (bed is king sized and larger than my bed at home)
Solar panels charge aux batteries
He wired something that allows you to jump start the main van battery with the aux batteries, there is a lead or something right next to the van main battery. Easy to jumpstart, as I've learned.
Window shades, both inside and out.
Water pump for the water tank
light switches
Axel for 4 wdrive. I have a cherry picker for it as well that I kept to move the axel...it's heavy. There are also some components from Ujoint, still in the box, don't know what they are.
Rear windows that are not installed that can open (current ones don't)
Window trim (not installed and needs to be painted to the van color if you want to use it.
Separate switch that allows the van's electronics to be used when the van is turned off (we called it the camping switch, but it powers the DVD player etc)
It has rear a/c and he changed to vents so it is more effecient.
That's all I can think of so far.
Also, I want to include the bins that fit under the bed, the Hot water heater for the shower, the shower set up (outdoor), hoses,
10x10 foot tent awning, all camping equipment that we used in the van including plates, cups, bowls, silverware etc, chairs etc.
Plus, If you want to buy the van, I'll throw in all his tools and tool chests if you want them, but they are heavy and bulky but worth a lot.

Approx 220k. Mostly freeway miles. No rust. We got it in may 2011. He intended to overhaul the engine when he needed but it still runs fine. I don't think we've put on more than 15-20k miles since we got it.

so, I put in LED lights in the back after he passed because I had bought them as a gift to him and they arrived right as he entered the hospital. I didnt' tell them they had arrived and wanted to surprise him when he got home. Since that didn't happen, I still decided to get them put on.

Before he met Chris up north the weekend before he got sick, he put on new front brakes and I had new rear brakes put on by his friend Jorge a couple months after he passed. There is also an updated ceiling fan and solar panels that I don't have pictures of .

So, in summary this is a stealthy street rig with a wealth of niceties... with at least some of the fixin's to make it 4wd. And tools... hmmm
Attached Thumbnails
SuzannVan555.jpg   SuzannVan551.jpg   SuzannVan553.jpg  

"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
Site Team

Re: Forum Exclusive: Ultrasport 12 Jamie's van FOR SALE...

Sorry to hear Suzann needs to sell this van. Do you think she could be talked into keeping it, and using it, if she were to participate on our forum, or if we reached out to her more? This seems like a sweet van.

Even though I never met Jamie, I bought his Fantastic Fan from him when he switched to another fan. That fan is installed in my teardrop. I still recall how shocked I was to hear of his serious illness and more so at his passing.

Herb
Old 05-30-2014, 04:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
Sorry to hear Suzann needs to sell this van. Do you think she could be talked into keeping it, and using it, if she were to participate on our forum, or if we reached out to her more? This seems like a sweet van.

Herb
That's a great question, actually. She is selling it from lack of use, not of need, to be sure. We camped with her and daveb about a year ago, and she used it then... but only one other time since, I think. She is quite busy in all of her varied pursuits, so the van just sits.
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
Old 05-30-2014, 05:18 PM   #4

After meeting up with Jamie a few times to talk vans and drink beers the van is pretty nice. The leather seats are the newer style higher back ones off a 2009 van with the commemorative stitching to celebrate 50 years of Econolines. I visited Suzann about a year ago and I think there was also a transfer case to go with the front axle but I'm not 100% sure.

Ray
my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:28 PM   #5

We got to meet Jamie and his van at the Hungry Valley SoCal meetup during fall 2012. Great guy and nice van. We talked about in-progress and future mods to both our vans. Would've loved to see what he would've done. It was obvious he knew a lot about ours vans, and cars in general, and was focused on making sure there was no stone left unturned on his build-out. It'll be a nice van for whoever buys it. Good luck to Suzann with the sale.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #6

I'll assist in any way I can, hope this van goes to a good home. I got to see this rig as soon as he bought it and then again when he came to help me with V4 right before he got sick. I wouldn't be scared of the miles, anything that had them plied on this fast had to be all hwy.

He didn't buy a complete kit and I've got several new parts available for the van now to complete the conversion. He bought the following:

CK001 conversion kit
FF001 front frame support
FS001 front upper shock mounts
FT001 fuel tank shortening kit
RS001 rear skid (already installed on the van)
HS001 V10 heat shield

My favorite quote from Jamie, a text he sent, only a few people can really under stand....... "don't rush" He was so right and never got to see how much he was.
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:44 PM   #7

That looks like a really nice stealth camper!

As for mileage... I wouldn't worry one bit about a V10 with those miles, especially non-towing highway miles. I'm at 379,000 HARD miles, most of them towing, and lots of idling.

On the remote starter problem.... I'll bet there's an On/OFF switch under the dash somewhere. This is a safety switch to disarm the remote start feature when working under the hood. It's a necessary one too. I can attest that rolling over onto the key fob while its in your pocket can make it start
Old 05-30-2014, 09:54 PM   #8

Hey Marc, you might consider editing out her e-mail address and phone number, since it's up on the public web. Too many wackos out there. Assuming you are willing to provide the info from a PM request or pass it along to her as the intermediary.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #9
Site Team

Garage

Suzann drove this van last year during record breaking temps up one of California's most grueling grades and it never missed a beat or overheated. It's a beautiful silver and looks brand new. I'd think it would be a great build for someone ready to go 4x4 or just need a ready made 2x4 as is. With all the extras I can't imagine what that is worth and am surprised it all comes with the van in one package. Somebody needs to jump at the deal.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:21 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW
Hey Marc, you might consider editing out her e-mail address and phone number, since it's up on the public web. Too many wackos out there. Assuming you are willing to provide the info from a PM request or pass it along to her as the intermediary.
Thanks... hadn't thought of that... one of the reasons she is listing it here, is to avoid the general population of wackos. So send me pm's folks