Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #1

Price Reduced: MERCEDES SPRINTER SPORTSMOBILE POP-UP CONVERS

MB Sportsmobile Features: Very low miles: 23,000. Purchased November of 2010. Mint Condition

Our Sprinter is the wrap around, fully tinted, full window version of the Mercedes Sprinter is equipped with factory fog lights, factory alloy rims, and factory installed trailer hitch package (which has never been used).

All scheduled maintenance, all records, truly excellent condition, looks & drives like new. Tires remain in very good condition. No accidents, we are non-smokers, we are the only owner, the vehicle title is in hand. Very, very clean inside and out.

Our well maintained Sportsmobile conversion has a pop-up roof with sleeping loft. In addition to the cab seating, the van interior has a third seat - a Sportsmobile captain’s chair - which is mounted behind cab’s passenger seat (installed for, and used by, my son) and a dinette and a half arrangement (with two small Sportsmobile pedestal tables which are removable and can be stored away beneath dinette) which converts to a full cabin width bed.

As I see it, the beauty of this unit - compared to most conversions on the market - is that while traveling, my son has two very large side windows from which to see the landscape on both sides of the vehicle. Most units on the market seems to have been designed with a retired couple in mind, that is with little or no ability for a third passenger to view the world outside the vehicle! Sportsmobile, upon our request, equipped the interior with a full set of privacy curtains for the side, rear, and front cab windows. In addition, they also installed an additional privacy curtain right behind the two front cab seats.

On the handful of times when we used the Sportsmobile unit to camp, we used a free standing awning or a screen room to set up our kitchen right beside the van. (Guide quality river rafting items such as a nice 4 burner Partner stainless steel stove (http://partnersteel.com) and a river rafting folding prep table gave us a gourmet kitchen) We designated a bit of space between the rear of both the right and left side dinettes, and the two fold-out rear doors, to transport and store our propane stove items, a propane powered hot shower, our prep table, folding chairs, and the like.

We have utilized the Clean Waste portable toilet system which eliminated any need for complicating the unit with the expense and maintenance involved with stinky gray water holding tanks. The Clean Water system uses a heavy duty disposal pouch - pre-filled with a powder - which, after being sealed inside the bag’s zip lock closure system, changes waste into a harmless gel which can be disposed of - LEGALLY - in any trash receptacle! EZ is good… Ya gotta love it! (http://www.cleanwaste.com)

We are located in Southern California and have now reduced the asking price of our Sportsmobile MB 2500 Sprinter Conversion to $42,000. If you are interested, or would like more details, I’d be happy to answer your questions and/or provide additional pictures. (Please see my gallery for more photos)
Attached Images
File Type: tif Van_Camp_33.tif (1.04 MB, 596 views)

Zermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:53 AM   #2

Re: FOR SALE: MERCEDES SPRINTER SPORTSMOBILE POP-UP CONVERSI

With your pop-up setup and tires, what would the minimum garage height clearance need to be?
LourPitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:44 PM   #3

Good Question! It is inches lower than the MB Sprinter antenna on the roof above the cab. Using my tape measure, I find it is over 8 feet and probably just about 98-99 inches. I have a concrete bridge that I have to drive beneath to enter my townhouse complex which measures 103-104 inches. I have absolutely no problem clearing that! A typical garage door height is not going to be enough. We also own a Toyota Sienna van, and the overall height of its roof rack is quite close to the roll-up garage door when we pull in. Hope this is clear and helps answer your question. Cheers... George (aka: Zermo)
Zermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #4

Would love to see some interior photos of this rig.

Thanks!
Joe
Old 10-03-2014, 09:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by prally

Thanks!
Joe
click on the "gallery" button in the sellers posts.........
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:24 PM   #6

Rear heat/AC? I think I saw vent(s) in gallery pics just wanted to confirm....
boerboelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder
Quote:
Originally Posted by prally

Thanks!
Joe
click on the "gallery" button in the sellers posts.........
Ha, brilliant, thanks! Don't mind me, I'm just new here.