Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2015, 03:36 PM   #1

2001 Dodge 2WD with 96k for sale in AZ **STILL FOR SALE**

Thanks for letting me post here - I've lurked for quite a while learning from members' ideas. Strong-running Sportsmobile, I’m selling as I expect to move from Arizona for a medical subspecialty fellowship and need to thin the herd. Unfortunately, I may end up going from an acre to a tiny urban apartment.

Here's the good:
2001 Dodge 2WD Sportmobile, 5.9L V8, Contempo 16" hard top, 96080 miles
-I'm 5'8"; I can stand in the center
-RB-50 style (stove delete) plan with full-size bed, sink, cartridge port-a-potty
-Norcold 3.4 cf fridge/freezer, 10 gal freshwater tank, also greywater tank+drain
-Full-size bed pulls out in about 5 seconds. Front seats swivel to make a living room.
-CB/WX radio, electric trailer brakes
-Old-school CD changer head unit, B&W backup cam, and 10" mini-TV VCR (yes, ha)
-Mechanically runs perfectly and drives like a big ol' Cadillac on the highway
-A/C ice cold, has Starcool accessory A/C for rear when running or plugged in
-New radiator and hoses, transmission completely gone through, all scheduled maintenance done, synthetic oil good for another 3-5k
-Good tires all around and full-size spare
-New house batteries last year (2xblue tops)
-Tons of storage, rain sensing roof vent, fold-up table, glamping in style, etc.
-3 owner van. First was a lady in CA who had it outfitted for camping with her wheelchair-bound daughter, second a couple who summered in MI and lived the rest of the year here in AZ, 3rd is me (in AZ) so the van has no significant rust.
-Works great with a hitch carrier and is the nicest changing room ever for trail riding
-Comes with 2 comfy folding chairs (from me) and the fold-up table (from Sportsmobile.)
-Clean, notarized, AZ title in my name with no liens
-Happy to support a fly-n-drive from PHX (I'm about 20 mins. from the airport); you could drive across America tomorrow in this thing.

The not-so-good:
-Worst thing about it is honestly the paint. It's spent a lot of time outside in AZ and the UV has taken a toll on the clearcoat. I've tried to show the worst of the chips and peeling areas in the photo set but it doesn't photograph very well. You could touch it up and it would be perfectly serviceable for camping, have a body shop touch up for more $ and better looks, or just bite the bullet and repaint it if you plan on keeping it forever.
-Generally in very good interior condition; the nautical tile under the rug is not great but is basically covered all the time.
-Compass/auto-dim rearview needs its wires re-pinned; I will try to take care of that if I have time.
-Weather strip on driver's door has tears; it doesn't leak but it looks ugly
I just fixed a leaky PVC connector at the freshwater tank base. It should be fine now but in full disclosure I have not pressurized the system or tested it since.
-Some (3, I think) of the day/night shades need to be restrung, I have 2 off the van for this very reason. RV shops (or you) can do this (or just use reflectix as I did) for the small windows.

Low NADA book is $12,030. Asking $11,500 or best offer. Please message me if interested or if you have any questions. I'm happy to send my number and talk by phone if easier. Thanks for looking.

A full picture set, including many close-ups of the paint chips, is here: http://s286.photobucket.com/user/as3...?sort=3&page=1

Best regards,
Aaron

doc2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:15 PM   #2

Re: 2001 Dodge 2WD with 96k for sale in AZ

That is the cleanest van I've ever seen.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:49 PM   #3

And, BOOM, cL ad is gone already....
gbail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:10 PM   #4

Thanks for the kind words - and the van is still for sale for those who may be interested. It had to be pulled from C-L as I was getting a ton of nuisance calls!

Best,
Aaron
Old 02-20-2015, 09:23 AM   #5

Love the paint job! GLWS
Old 02-20-2015, 09:33 AM   #6
Site Team

I have to admit I've never been a fan of Dodge vans or the associate van conversions, but that is a good looking van, and I even love the paint job. I also agree with Jage that it is a clean looking van. Good luck with the sale, and yes, the nuisance calls, "broker calls" and the tire kickers from posting a vehicle for sale just plain suck. I think this will sell quickly.

Herb
Old 02-20-2015, 09:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
I have to admit I've never been a fan of Dodge vans or the associate van conversions, but that is a good looking van, and I even love the paint job.
I was going to say almost the exact same thing. Really nice-looking Dodge. Looking at it outside, you don't expect it to have the "50" camping kit inside. Cool, and really a great stealth-camping setup. Nobody would look at it twice in a parking lot.

BTW, did it have a third captain's chair in it at some point? Looks like it has a QR seatbelt mount just inside the barn-doors for a chair there.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:23 PM   #8

Hello. I have been lurking here for years, but I can't seem to find the contact info to reach you. Could you possibly PM me or post your contact info? If I have missed it, I apologize. But I think I am in love with your van.
CiaoChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaoChow
Hello. I have been lurking here for years, but I can't seem to find the contact info to reach you. Could you possibly PM me or post your contact info? If I have missed it, I apologize. But I think I am in love with your van.
Click on the username to the left of docb's post
Use the email button on his profile page
Fill out the form, include your contact info

That should do it. Good luck, nice looking van!
Old 02-22-2015, 08:21 PM   #10

Thanks all,

Yes, it did at one point have a third chair, actually a motorized "Turny" chair, for a previous owner's wheelchair-bound daughter. This was removed by the immediate previous owner.

Best,
Aaron