Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2015, 01:23 PM   #1

Step Bumper OEM Ford Chrome Philadelphia area $65

I'm selling an OEM Ford chrome step bumper from my 1998 E250 (should fit all years 1993 and up, as far as I know). Bumper is in fine structural shape, but does have a dent in the center bottom from backing into something (it was that way when I bought it).

Has the OEM black plastic step pads on step and on top of bumper. It is not rusty; the color on the backside in the photos is just a thick layer of dirt.

I don't believe it was ever used for towing, but if you put a ball on it it's rated for 5000 pounds/500 pounds tongue weight.

I bought this to make getting in and out of my walk-through SMB easier, and it was WAY better than the original stock bumper. Once you put one on you'll wonder how you ever lived without it!

I'm only selling it because I bought a newer, dent-free step bumper from a friend. The newer OEM bumper I put on is actually of a much lower quality. Steel is nowhere near as thick as this older one, and the back side is painted vs. chromed on this one.

So, it's not perfect, but it's still in perfectly usable shape and looks pretty good. Chrome is still shiny and apart from the dent it's fine. Priced to get it out of my backyard at $65 for forum members. (The plastic trim would cost more than that to buy on it's own.) Obviously, I will not ship.

More pics at http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/4962421259.html

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5451.JPG   IMG_5455.JPG   IMG_5461.JPG  

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:27 PM   #2

Re: Step Bumper OEM Ford Chrome Philadelphia area $65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW
I bought this to make getting in and out of my walk-through SMB easier, and it was WAY better than the original stock bumper. Once you put one on you'll wonder how you ever lived without it!
I would have snapped this up when I had my walk-through RB SMB. The original Ford (non-step) bumper seemed to be purposely (bizarrely) designed by someone to make it as easy as possible to slip off while getting in and out. And it certainly lived up to that (ow).
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote