Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2015, 05:02 PM   #1

2006 6.0L For Sale. GTRV allowed on the SMB site?

For Sale: 2006 Ford E350 XLT w/ 6.0L Diesel and Clydesdale 4X4 Conversion

Due to the kids getting older and some lifestyle changes the time has come to sell, what has been for us, the perfect vehicle. We’ve been on the fence for several years about selling it but we’ve finally decided to let it go.....too many vehicles and not enough use for them all. We have used this van for some incredible family adventures....summer and winter. We’ve camped in it in -20C and with the two Espars have been warm and cozy. We’ve had the van sitting in 30C summer sun and with the insulated window panels in and the fantastic van it’s been nice and cool. Eventually with 2 kids and two dogs and involvement in gear intensive hobbies (skiiing, mountain biking, wind surfing, paddling, etc.) we invested in a trailer as well and used the van to tow it, which it did very well. Since moving to our new property the need to camp is no longer strong....we adventure right on, or near, our property (we’re selling our trailer too).

The turbo charger was replaced early (15,000 km) and I’ve not had any problems since. I was worried about the reported EGR failures so I’ve kept a close eye on this with my preferred diesel mechanic. He’s checked the exhaust gas differential several times and has noticed no differential ingress/egress. I was willing to perform the delete but he suggested not to bother given our measurements. Many 6.0’s have not had any issues whatsoever.

Highlights/Features of the Van:
•120,000 km (75,000 miles)
•Averages 20 Imperial mpg (16.6 US mpg)
•Custom built bed in back (replaces rear 4 person seat) sleeps 2.
•Pop top sleeps 2 more.
•Seats 12, 8, 5 or 2 depending on configuration of seats.
•Espar interior furnace with thermostat.
•Espar engine pre-heater with timer.
•Fiamma awning.
•Yakima tracks on roof.
•Front hitch receiver.
•Trailer brake controller
•Pioneer DVD stereo with back up camera, iPod module and Sirius module.
•Interior insulated pop in window panels
•Fantastic fan.

Required:
•Needs new weather seal for the pop top. Been meaning to call GTRV to order...that lack of time thing again.
•The dog chewed a small corner of one of the seats. Not a big deal for us. We use it anyway.
•Needs Front end work....alignment, possible ball joints, machined rotors, etc. Instead of spending money and fixing the front end work I was going to eliminate the issues with a brand new front end altogether. This truck was converted to 4X4 using a Ford TTB which I have been planning to swap out with a Dana 60 solid axle. My two options were to go with a U-Joint leaf spring kit or, my probable course of action, is to have Clydesdale do a Dana 60 solid axle coil spring swap. Clydesdale is very close to me and will take my old TTB parts in on credit and do the work for me. Decided...now the time.
•The A/C just crapped out! Not sure what's up....some have suggested a possible blocked line but haven’t yet had it diagnosed. This just happened yesterday.
I’ve been thinking of just taking the van, trailer and an older truck I have to the dealer (stealer?) and trading them all in on a newer truck (I need a truck around here). However, the dealer will not appreciate the potential of this van and I would rather let it go to someone who will. Plain and simple is the fact that I do not have the time to deal with the above requirements. My time is very limited and I can’t have this truck sitting around waiting for me to get around to it. If you are willing to do the work you will get an outstanding van for a great price.

Asking $25,000 CDN.

Please see my gallery for photos.

Jepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 05:23 PM   #2

Re: 2006 6.0L For Sale. GTRV allowed on the SMB site?

To answer your question in the title, yes it's cool to post that here. People have always posted camper vans of various types. I can't imagine anyone would object.

Good luck with the sale!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 05:24 PM   #3

Nice van! And it's totally fine to sell it here.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:26 PM   #4

More photos.....

https://www.facebook.com/jer.bear.108/m ... 976&type=3
Jepa is offline   Reply With Quote