Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2015, 05:36 PM   #1

SOLD: Sportsmobile EB Penthouse Top (just the top)

I'm making the move to CCV, so my old top is for sale:

*2001 EB penthouse, great condition
*no smoking
*one small tear in the front window fabric from the previous owner - we've repaired with iron on patches and tent repair tape (see pics). Does not leak, [s:2ezn9gwn]and it's in front of plastic window as well.[/s:2ezn9gwn] Edit: On reconsidering this I'm pretty sure the front window is just screen. Either way, repair is good and it does not leak.
*some oxidation (as is normal with these tops)
*silver color from 2001 (paint code YN)
*includes two piece bed
*3x100W solar panels, mounts and wiring included for $500 additional

I can deliver to your door for no charge in CO, UT, NV and CA in mid to late August. Elsewhere in the West is a possibility, but could cost extra depending on where you may be...

$3000 bed, top and delivery included
$3500 bed, top, solar and delivery included

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:05 PM   #2
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Re: For Sale: Sportsmobile EB Penthouse Top (just the top)

[emoji106]
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:11 PM   #3

Can I take credit for single handedly getting all you guys interested in CCV tops?

Rob, I'll take the extended pop top off your hands if you'll throw in the rear two feet of van.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
Can I take credit for single handedly getting all you guys interested in CCV tops?
Technically it was Rick. Saw his and decided I needed one. The missus didn't discourage me either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
Rob, I'll take the extended pop top off your hands if you'll throw in the rear two feet of van.
Sure, throw in another $1000 and I'll sawzall the ass end off an EB in junkyard. Delivery to TN will be extra.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:19 PM   #5
REF

Just paying it forward from when I saw CCV's original fiberine top on Eric's old van several years ago now at the Jackson Hole meet up, so yes, I guess technically, we can give you credit Eric....... Robb, will you be getting the high profile one like mine or going with the new mid that Ray got? I never got to check that out in person before he left CO.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
Old 06-16-2015, 07:01 AM   #6

Kidding of course guys. Mine wasn't nearly as cool as the latest tops. Rick was the first with the cajones to ditch a decent and functional SMB pop top for the CCV, and it is a big upgrade knowing what I know now since I have an SMB pop top. So much more storage and the stronger, electric lift mechanism make it worth it. I look forward to seeing one on an EB van. Are you listening Ray/1der????

Here's my question about the new CCV tops. When he did mine, he wasn't willing to cut out the entire original van roof saying the center support was needed to maintain the vans original structural strength. What about you, Rick, since yours was already cut out by SMB? Do you have a full walk through still? With a 50 floor plan it would be fine, but with a walk through floor plan like mine it would be a show stopper. The lack of walk through space was a big complaint for me with my CCV van.

Edit: Sorry to hijack Rob, should I move this to another thread?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:38 AM   #7

Garage

^^^ we cut our van full length for the ccv top. everything but above the driver and passengers seats. we didnt get any instructions from derek for install, but he did say over the phone to cut a hole for the frame to drop into...so we did. ill bet the hole is close to a 10'x54" iirc.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:45 AM   #8
REF

Right, I'm not sure, but I think Derek welded in a new crossmember on mine for the larger fixed section of the bed platform in the rear, so I believe the entire roof is cut out even on his newer tops, not just the ones that he's converting from SMB tops, it may have just been with the fiberine tops he had to keep in a crossmember? Ray may have gone with a slightly different configuration, several more smaller sections instead of the typical 3 piece (1 large fixed rear, 2 smaller forward removable) as I think he wanted removable sections to retain the walk through? I could be wrong on that though. The configuration we have works for our "50", have to confirm with Derek or Ray if it's different on the walk through.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
Old 06-16-2015, 09:05 AM   #9

I'm going with the mid rise - same as 1der. i keep wondering why im spending a small fortune to swap one perfectly good poptop for a better poptop. But what the hell, you cant take it with you!
Old 06-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF
...I think Derek welded in a new crossmember on mine for the larger fixed section of the bed platform in the rear, ...(1 large fixed rear, 2 smaller forward removable) ...The configuration we have works for our "50".
Ditto - this is what we have on our CCV top on the Express van. There is a piece of angle welded across the front of the fixed section of bed in our case.

We dig the CCV top, but this is a great opportunity for a super deal on a SMB top for sure! Looks like it is in very good shape.