Rapidz - [Title Empty]
Login FAQ
Register  

Sportsmobileforum.com

An online forum community for the owners, admirers and fans of Sportsmobile vans and Sprinters, new and old. Share photos, advice, discuss modifications, camping or buy & sell. Anyone who owns, has a passion for, or just curiosity about SMBs, come in!
The time now is Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:23 pm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:17 pm   Post subject: Great Deal: Used Norcold DE-0041T Fridge: $500 - SOLD!

Thanks SMB Forum - and thanks Billy in Tahoe. The fridge is sold.

I have a Norcold DE-0041T 3.6 Cubic Foot fridge for sale.

This is the 3.6 cubic foot 120VA/C and 12V/DC model. Basically, it's the bigger single door unit that SMB puts in its rigs. This barely used unit came out of a used SMB whose owner wanted a smaller model. It works perfectly.
The fridge is available for pickup (or install) at Sportsmobile in Fresno, or it can be shipped as it's boxed and ready to go. Shipping is fairly expensive - something on the order of $100.
It has the light gray/off white front door. But you can get other door fronts from SMB or Norcold.
Call or email me:
Chris Dixon - dixoncj@aol.com
or 843 822 5710
Last edited by dixoncj on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Great Deal: Used Norcold DE-0041T Fridge: $500

Anybody using the 3.6 cf? Any input for this size? :b3:
2003 e350 ext. 7.3 psd, keeping it prerunner-added python remote start, buchwackers fenders, pro comp rims 17X9 steel, nitto grapplers AT 34s, camburg suspension 6", deaver rear springs, alluminess nerf, ladder, rear bumper, galley box, spare rack. Working on: arb on board air, rear locker, and 410 gearing.
Admin V

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:18 pm   Post subject: Re: Great Deal: Used Norcold DE-0041T Fridge: $500

It's too small? :a5:

It looks exactly like mine, but mine is, ahem, the 4.0 c.f. Norcold. I like the separate freezer and extra space over the smaller unit. There is a secret tray between the freezer and fridge that is about 1/2" tall.

Still, it's too small. For "normal" people it would probably be slightly more than adequate, we take everything in ours since all our meals on the road are prepared from scratch and most of the parts come out of the fridge.

The only other downside is I've had to add a temp sensor and manually dial up and down the setting to keep things from occasionally freezing in the fridge part- I don't think any Norcold would necessarily be better, and it's a small issue overall, but bears mentioning.