Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2008, 01:08 AM   #11

Charlie56,
That is the direction I am planning to go for the inside and I am searching contacts to inquire about it.
Do you know companies working with composit materials?
You mentionned a website could you give the link?

Thank you

AndrewST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:41 PM   #12

We have the "oak" & tan interior and absolutely love it. We would have prefered a real wood veneer on the MDF as opposed to the paper and I pesume that if you were willing to pay extra for the materials SMB West would be willing to use it. If I were going to order again I would probably go this way. We ordered the "oak" because we wanted the interior to have a warmer feel than they gray solid color on the MDF.

Charlie is right, you want to be sure you don't have anything rubbing against the material when you drive. Our table under the seat was rubbing on the edge of an upholstery clip and it ate a pretty good hole into the finish very quickly. Luckily this was on the bottom of the table.

I think our gallery has one picture of the interior durring the build and if you are intersted I can snap a few more and post them.

John
Old 09-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #13
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek777
Ok, I hope no one is offended at me posting this image. I can't remember where I found it - may have been a vehicle for sale on SMB's site. I know it's dark, but this is about the best interior wood/leather combo I've seen on a Sportsmobile. If anybody knows what this is, please comment.

If you're the owner of this image and prefer it not to be displayed here, please let me know and we will remove it.

Thanks.

[/img]
No problem. That's a picture I took some time back and it's posted in my album. Here is a different look that I posted about earlier. There are several other shots in my album of this Sprinter.

Dave.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:19 PM   #14

just a real quick reply here. I ended up getting a dark "Dolphin" grey after seeing a van on the line with it. It was a custom order for a high-er profile client, and when I asked, I was told it wasn't a standard color. We weren't super impressed with the then-standard colors, especially for the 'vision' we had for the van, but this charcoal was the right direction. I was told if I wanted it that much, I could pay for the custom material from their provider, but I would have to pay for much more than they would need because "they can go through a lot of material to get a cabinet right'.

I did have to pay a little more extra ($1200 I think) but it definitely was worth it for my van plan. Now I think that color is standard.

Also, look at my layout and the layout with the "ash" above! very similar.

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...43791a54be.jpg
Buji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:57 PM   #15
Site Team

Garage
Buji, if your color was available on my purchase I also would have gone that way. I plan to ask for darker cabinet doors as the light gray get marked up easily; what ever the cost. The picture I took of the sprinter could be mixed up with others colors. An all wood look is up to the buyer and a personal choice. The gentleman in the picture did say that mixing the wood color with colors like your van could be a nice choice and I can see why…then again it’s only my (and his) opinion.
Dave.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:49 AM   #16

oak & tan

John & Dana,

Would be great to see more images of your finished interior, if it's not too much trouble for you. The oak finish seems kinda rare on this site.

Thanks,
Old 10-05-2008, 03:32 PM   #17

Trek777,

Well the rain finally stopped so I could get some pictures of the inside of our van. I don't have a wide angle lense for my camera so they are not the greatest shots but they should give you an idea of how the "oak" looks.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #18

Garage
Looks great - good to see someone else w/ the oak' interior. We've been quite happy w/ ours as well. Definitely gives the interior a bit more of a 'warmer' feel to it over the std stark white/gray.

-d
Old 10-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #19

Looks Great! I ordered oak like that and cannot wait till I get it.

Angel
2006 Chalet LTW 15ft. Folding Travel Trailer 14 in. tires
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:31 PM   #20

I was at SMBw on Friday and they have a new red-cherry wood finish which is very nice looking. I have some pics but don't have my camera on me at this time. I'll post 'em tomorrow.
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...43791a54be.jpg
Buji is offline   Reply With Quote