Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #231

Re: SMB West Factory Visits

We're headed to Fresno Friday 1/23 to check on the progress of our build. If anyone wants pix of their van, let us know.
Gayle & John

TeeHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #232
Site Team

Garage

Ran into Angel today at SMB-W. It's always great to see a good friend and enjoyed the hugs As usual talking with a fellow SMBer provided some valuable information. She just happens to have the same propane stove SMB installed in my van last week and alerted me (and SMB) of some issues that these stoves have I appreciated the information she had to offer and so did SMB. Both of us understand some equipment can have problems from time to time and I was glad Angel brought up the issues. It might save me some grief down the road.

Thanks Angel. I will see ya at Ansa if I make it...I plan to.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #233

SMB West Factory Visits

Dave, which one? The SMEV one?

Thanks
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #234
Site Team

Garage

Yeah, I just plumbed the fuel inlet out the side today. I had SMB cut out the countertop last week. All I have to do now is use a portable tank outside to run the stove. I got tired of the butane stove. SMB can't hook up a setup like mine due to the RV guidelines but they did a great job installing the stove.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #235

Dave ,
could you post some photograph's of the changes made , we are contemplating gutting our interior and would much appreciate seeing the changes made . We like yourself enjoy cooking inside and out so new ideas are alway's welcome !
Greggd
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #236
Site Team

Garage

You would have to check with SMB if they have the time to do an install. They will not hook it up though due to RIVA rules. I just had them do the counter top work and install a propane detector. I also purchased the stove from them. I do wish SMEV made a covered one burner stove.

Really that is all that's needed on my part anyhow. But here is what I got and it sure looks nice!

One problem that may be an issue for some is because my sink area is lower than the large refrigerator countertop, the microwave needed to be lowered. That meant the storage area for the porta pottie also had to be lowered. It's a useful space and I didn't want to loose it but really all I kept in it was equipment... boots, a radio, bottles of booze and that kind of stuff. I doubt even the low style head will fit now. I don't use it anyway and if I did need it, I'll pack it somewhere. SMB did install a screen/grate in front of the stove as seen in this pic:

I had a friend do the propane install.
Attached Thumbnails
096.JPG   097.JPG   095.JPG  
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #237

Those Stove Tops really finish the interior off nicely Dave . We no longer use that space under the Micro Wave for our Porta Potti we had a Hassock Cover made to match the interior color scheme and leave it against the passenger side wall in front of the EB-50's forward facing Couch/Bed and put clear rodent proof Plastic Storage container's in that cabinet . works out great
Greggd
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:08 AM   #238

Im going to SMB-W soon, my rig needs some TLC. It needs new solar and inverter, it has a major draw on the battery and other electrical demons. It is not reliable enough to go in the back country and camp anymore, it has left me stranded more than once. It must be fixed!!! Going to redo the interior lights with led's and get a new fridge and nuker. Perhaps some new paint, I know it doesn't make it run better but it will look great.
eldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #239

Garage

I will be at SMB West on Thursday February 7, 2013 in the afternoon. Does anyone need anything photographed? If so, send me a PM here.

Steve in L.A.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #240

Garage

Got a date with a lovely PH top on 7/29. So excited
pinz712 is offline   Reply With Quote