Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2022, 05:57 PM   #1

2000 E350 Extended 7.3l 4x4 Mid Roof Ambulance

Good Afternoon;
I found your site today while I was researching my "New to Me Van".

It is a: 2000 E350 Extended 7.3l 4x4 Mid Roof Ambulance (with the Salem Kroger 4x4 system)
It has 90,000 miles - transmission was just recently Completely Rebuilt. Everything works as it is supposed to, it has what would be called the Ford "XLT" package from factory.
It came from the Ford Factory with a 4.10:1 limited slip rear end, I assume the Salem Kroger folkes matched the front DANA 60 axle gears to this. The Salem Kroger addition was installed in late 2000.
I am trying to get Full Value Coverage on this rig with my State Farm agent. I pdf filed my agent copies of the Original Bill of Sale from when it was purchased New along with the Salem Kroger specifications and prices for the 4x4 install. They are working on the Aftermarket Additions to get me the quote.

Does anyone have an idea what it ought to be covered at? Like: "Full Replacement Value", something along those lines?

Thank You So Much,
Bo

riderboy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:27 PM   #2

Hi Bo, welcome and feel free to post pics of your van when you get a chance!

I'm going through this with my SF agent right now. I was just told "there is no stated value on a regular private passenger policy, that's for classic/antiques. The van is insured for actual cash value, aka fair market deductible." They also proceed to say "If there's any modifications or alterations I would just have some photos that you could show State Farm in the event of a total loss."

I haven't pushed back on this yet, but this doesn't make sense to me. I'm paying a premium that they have decided is appropriate for a van worth $15-$20k. After the 4x4 conversion, it is worth well more than that. Why would they have me pay a lower premium, when they know the vehicle is worth more than that and that they might have to to pay out a higher value of the van as long as I have photographic proof? I am also concerned that if something were to happen to the van, I'd be fighting with them to get a fair payout. I'd rather have the value of the van agreed upon before hand.

All that to say - I'll report back once I get somewhere with my agent.
motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:57 PM   #3

Yeah..... NO! Lol - I looked online and found only 2 of these type vans. One was for sale for $49,900.00, regular van Top and Gas Engine. The other was a Quigley van, High Top, gas engine, interior was Plain with just Seats all along the side walls and back door, seats face inward toward each other and that one had an asking price of $79.900.00 - both are in the 1990's year vans. (of course they were For Sale and had Not been sold yet).
No Way on $20,000.00 replacement value.

I Did send them Outside Pictures and one Interior picture along with the very low 90,000 miles. This one would need to be replacement valued at at least $80,000.00 - If totaled or stolen they have to replace at Actual Full Value. Even though it is older and used, try to find another one Just Like It for a replacement Right??? LOL

It's All Good though. I am Persistent.
riderboy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 08:34 AM   #4

A lot of people have had success with SafeCo insurance. Specifically an agent named Christopher Gainok. Can't find the thread but if you know how to use the search function you can find it. Easy to get stated value via SafeCo. I would go for $80k on your rig which will cost you about $1000 a year or so I would guess.
clicker44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 01:37 PM   #5

Try a Safeco agent named Justin Gennock.
justin@gennockinsurance.com
559-577-4704
Old 05-30-2022, 07:36 AM   #6

My 2002 E350 Quigley - V10 - is insured at my stated value - thru Progressive - at a value of $ 67,500 as I recall (I think ?). I have actually been able to raise the stated value at least once after I added a solar kit, etc. Try this phone number for an inquiry - 1-800-776-4737. -- Good luck - keep the forum folks updated on your jouney - Thanks !
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote