Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2020, 09:38 AM   #1

4x4 Quigley

I recently purchased a 2002 Ford e- 350 super duty with Quigley 4x4 . my problem is I’m trying to put a lift kit and can’t seem to find any one that sells one does anybody have any information on where to purchase the components to put a lift kit under a Quigley front end thank you

canam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:01 AM   #2

Have you talked to a local 4x4 shop?

You already found that no off the shelf kit is out there. So now you have to do your homework and figure out the coil spring, shock, and leaf springs that would work to create your lift. Oh and don't forget the steering components you will have to change.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:12 PM   #3

Garage
I lifted the front of my quigley with some moog springs. Direct replacement but only lifted it 1.5-2” max. How much of a lift are you looking for?
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:10 AM   #4

Hey Sherrie
Did you use the cc880s coils on the front of your Quigley? I just put a set on mine, gave me 1.75", which is more than I was really looking for and found the ride to be super harsh.

Any suggestions on a coil for a Quigley front end that may be a softer ride but still retain the lift plus maybe an 1"?

I just redid the entire steering linkage, including the gear box, and all the suspension and bushings. Even upgraded the c-channel control arms to the newer style. The coils are the last piece of the puzzle.
vantron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:37 AM   #5

There is another Moog coil that is a softer version of the 880s, could even be the 880. Do some looking around, shouldn’t be too hard to find. I used the 880s on mine and thought it was just about right, but mine was a diesel. If you have a gas engine that’s lighter and no heavy bumper could be the softer version is better.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:56 AM   #6

Yeah, the 880 seems like an option. My front axel only weighs 3600lb and the engine is the 5.4. Actual weight on the coils is an the featherweight end of the spectrum.

The 880 has a load of 1850lb vs the 3000lb of the 880s. I couldn't find it on rock auto and Napa was useless in my town. The 880 and 880s was indexing to the same coil in their system. I did't want to order a set to just install the same coil.

I will have some cc880s available for sale or trade here in central Colorado as soon as I find a suitable replacement. They have roughly 1 mile on them.
vantron is offline   Reply With Quote