Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2018, 09:34 PM   #1

Adventurer 19’ Class C

Was looking at 20’ Bigfoot class C’s to convert to 4x4 but hard to find / buy one. Has anyone heard of an Adventurer 19’ class C converted ? I liked the Bigfoot because it’s true 4 season , but just learned the Adventurers are rated to -18c with what sounds like decent construction, insulation and double windows . About to pull the trigger unless they’res some reason they suck ? Nice small units seem ideal for the 4x4 class c dream . Opinions anyone?
Attached Thumbnails
8763D4A8-E1C0-4C35-8C47-D868C7C71523.jpeg  

Northernlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:32 PM   #2

Never heard of them but I’m excited to see how it goes for you. What are your off road plans?
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 01:21 AM   #3

4x4 Just for traction. snowmobile trips towing a sled trailer up here in BC. And Mexico surf trips , driving on the beach. Definitely Not planning on any technical rock crawling in a Class C ...LOL
Old 08-25-2018, 03:57 AM   #4
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Any idea which frame is underneath---has to be an E350 at minimum?

What's the gross weight on entire vehicle?
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 05:16 AM   #5

Adventurer 19’ Class C

We rented an Adventurer truck camper on an F350 this summer and drove it from Seattle to Alaska, living in it for 25 days. Seemed like a well built unit and mostly well thought out. I’d imagine their class C units would be similar. A lot of the Alaskan RV rental places rent the Adventurer C-units. GoNorth has a location in Seattle if you want to rent one and try it out.

On the camper we had all the tanks were inside an insulated underfloor and I believe the heater had vents down there too.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 07:27 AM   #6

“billwilson” has a similar one, both brands used in the rental market. Below is a link to his.
Fraserway RV rents them if you want to try one for a few days before purchasing.
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ack-19289.html
gnty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnty View Post
“billwilson” has a similar one, both brands used in the rental market. Below is a link to his.
Fraserway RV rents them if you want to try one for a few days before purchasing.
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ack-19289.html
He has a Majestic . I like those units better aesthetically but they are not 4 season rated, no heated tanks. Yes, Fraserway has several rental units and for sale, checking them out today actually !
Old 08-25-2018, 09:47 AM   #8

Where you live I would go with Quadvan out of Seattle or Portland or wherever they are. That would be a fantastic setup. Agile also does an amazing conversion without as much lift, maybe better for a motorhome, but they're down in San Diego. Plan on spending around $20k probably for about any conversion.

Great idea, keep us updated!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernlights View Post
Was looking at 20’ Bigfoot class C’s to convert to 4x4 but hard to find / buy one. Has anyone heard of an Adventurer 19’ class C converted ? I liked the Bigfoot because it’s true 4 season , but just learned the Adventurers are rated to -18c with what sounds like decent construction, insulation and double windows . About to pull the trigger unless they’res some reason they suck ? Nice small units seem ideal for the 4x4 class c dream . Opinions anyone?
Northernlights look on San Diego Craigslist RV(5th page) Chinook BAJA 4x4.
Chinooks were the cadies of motorhomes. 4x6,TOO COOL. I'd buy it myself
but I had to get rid of my SMB cause the D**n EVIL Rats wouldn't leave it
alone. Anyway take a look,see whatcha think.
Beasty Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Where you live I would go with Quadvan out of Seattle or Portland or wherever they are. That would be a fantastic setup. Agile also does an amazing conversion without as much lift, maybe better for a motorhome, but they're down in San Diego. Plan on spending around $20k probably for about any conversion.

Great idea, keep us updated!

Those are great converters for sure! But we are a little hooped here in Canada for 4x4 vans, we can’t take newer than 15 year old rigs down to the u.s. to be converted/modified and then cross back into Canada again. Our options in Canada is Clydesdale, a new quigley or ujoint installed up here. Or you can bring an already converted van that is older than 15 years.
gnty is offline   Reply With Quote