Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2015, 10:59 AM   #11

Re: Agile Off Road Status?

ert01,
My concern would be getting the spring rate correct on my own. I wouldn't know where to start.
Have you done this?
Any info appreciated.
swanny

Old 09-18-2015, 11:18 AM   #12

Total speculation here. But I doubt that Bajasportsmobile is dollar motivated. Just like I doubt that MGMetalWorks or UJoint is dollar motivated.

These guys are creators at heart. And they are motivated by their acts of creation. Not money.

And as creators of proven products, the World has beaten paths to their doors. They likely don't want to turn away anyone. But they are human. Single beings. With a limited amount of time for work, play and family. Trademarking your name and "leveraging" your expertise by franchising and "supervising" multiple locations is how you make money. But they haven't chosen that path.

Answer me this, if you were motivated to create, and had limited time on the planet to create, wouldn't you also be more motivated by the bigger acts of creation?

(Personally, I drool over Bajasportsmobile's (Agile Offroad's) TTB Dana 50 4x4 conversion.)

No doubt Bajasportsmobile will get around to you. You are important. My guess is that's why you haven't been told "no" and why you haven't been quoted a high price for a "yes" in a bidding war.

So there is this saying: "Professionals do it for the money. Amateurs do it for the love of doing and for doing it right."

Just for example, compare Bajasportsmobile, MGMetalWorks or UJoint's work with the type of service which many of us have experienced at the usual "professional" Dealership. Recognizing the difference may help you endure the waiting.

Of all the "professionals" in the U.S.A., couldn't Optima Batteries have found someone else to build their SEMA van?

I bet Optima didn't have to wait long for MGMetalWorks or UJoint to say "yes." And I don't know how much UJoint or MGMetalWorks charged Optima for their respective services on that van, but I know in my heart that they must be very proud of their contribution to that van's creation.

And by the hours apparently put in, I bet they were more motivated by the pride of creation than by the money they made.
2002 E350 ext.; 160K; 7.3L; 4R100 (w/4x4 deep pan & filter); 4x4 conv. w/2007 F250/F350 coil frnt axle (oppos. dual Bilstein press. shocks cured DW) diff chg from 3.55 to 3.73 (bad!); BW1356 t.c. (bad!); LT265/70R17/E Michelin LTX M/S2; Engel MT60 Combi Fridge-Freezer; 4 BP 380J pv panels; Auragen 5kw AC gen. in top alt. position; Webasto Dual-Top; Voyager top. 1995 5.8L EB Bronco, bone stock.
E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:23 PM   #13

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Right this minute I am sitting by my wonderful wife on an old couch in an ancient building made of heavy timbers, hand hewn rock, and handmade bricks in the middle of a amazing storm in El Triunfo, B.C.S. - held hostage by flash floods that have made the roads impassable on our way to LA Ventana for a big dinner celebration for the friends who are just winding up a week of guided fly fishing on the Sea of Cortez.

I WILL GET BACK TO YOU THOUGH.

E350 nailed it.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:51 PM   #14

Nice!
Besides having a much better time than most of us right now, 'rumor & innuendo' has it that there may be some action coming up on the RIP kits.
Just sumthin' I sorta heard today.
enjoy, swanny
Old 09-18-2015, 08:02 PM   #15

Be patience gents....
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:53 PM   #16

As a craftstsman in a totally unrelated field, E350 is right on the mark.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:45 AM   #17

As a friend of Baja I would just like to throw out one other thing here before we beat this to death. He's said it before and it bears repeating. He's trying to retire. He's not rubbing in the life he's living while not getting to everyone on the list, he's trying to retire. He's worked all his life. I just finished 6 long days of work and let me tell you, the day I can retire is the last day I'm prioritizing anything closely called 'work'. Sorry but true. He stumbled upon this awesome suspension setup pretty late in the game, or he might've retired a lot sooner! Anyway, just remember that. Have a great weekend everyone.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #18

Garage

He might have success then selling his secret formula to a company that can provide the service that customers want...
ert01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:49 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ert01
He might have success then selling his secret formula to a company that can provide the service that customers want...
This^^^. Retire and be done with it. Or, put a disclaimer on the website that the RIP package will take 6 months to a year or more to get in the build queue.

No offense intended to BajaSportsmobile but these complaints pop up in threads on a regular basis. Sometimes he will be posting in one thread providing good, credible drivetrain information here or on Portal when someone else is posting in another thread how they can't contact him or he won't respond to emails.

An odd business model and really all folks are trying to do is improve the harsh ride on their vans. Once you reach the tipping point nobody wants to wait. Don't advertise the product if you can't deliver.

Sorry, I apologize in advance for offending anyone including BajaSMB. I want to retire too.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:18 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ert01
This^^^. Retire and be done with it. Or, put a disclaimer on the website that the RIP package will take 6 months to a year or more to get in the build queue.
Well and my question is, why even advertise the RIP on here then?

I thought I saw a post about him getting Fox part numbers for his shocks which would speed delivery?

BTW on the front springs, they are not rocket science, the Moog p/n has been posted here before.
I have a set sitting on my shelf.

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote