Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2015, 10:38 AM   #21

Garage
Re: Agile Off Road Status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANZAC

Well and my question is, why even advertise the RIP on here then?

I thought I saw a post about him getting Fox part numbers for his shocks which would speed delivery?

BTW on the front springs, they are not rocket science, the Moog p/n has been posted here before.
I have a set sitting on my shelf.
Exactly.

That's why I mentioned that it's not fancy magic that anyone should hold their breath for. It's shocks and coils and we already have the part number for good coils and we already have part numbers for good shocks... The only difference is his custom valving on the shocks but even still, it's a rough adjustment without knowing the actual weights of each rig. An empty 7.3 quigley cargo has a hugely different weight distribution than a 4.2L v6 quigley GTRV... His valving can't be 100% for all vans.

My advice is buy some good shocks and get the moog springs and save yourself the headache. Maybe get a local shop to play with the shock valving if you're really horny for a custom tuned ride.

ert01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:58 AM   #22

"We are committing to a certain purchase level with FOX and will be getting our own part numbers which will make everything much better. We are also sourcing new springs, front and rear - all in an effort to be more responsive."

^^That is what Ramsey said in the RIP Kit thread. I think its a testament in itself that he can get his own skew from a large shock company like Fox. I also think its pretty cool that he spent the time to improve someone else's system.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:06 AM   #23

Also, the Agile web site form to submit the photos etc is broken. (While we're here) I tried to submit my info a couple of times a couple of weeks ago. Hearing that there are other people who have been waiting 6+ mo doesn't get me more excited. I'm only buying the shocks and wanting them shipped.

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:30 AM   #24

[quote="His valving can't be 100% for all vans. [/quote]

Actually it can, when he installs them he does an extensive road test and will continue to adjust the valving until he is satisfied it's as good as it can be. The difference in my vans ride was amazing. His moving to Mexico part time has made it difficult to maintain the level of service of the past, but I have no doubt he will continue to work on ways to increase the shops output and meet the demand as quickly as possible.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:26 PM   #25

Garage

That's only if he installs them... Doesn't apply to his shipped kits.
ert01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:46 PM   #26

Great info guys... Considering I will have these shocks/springs installed elsewhere it seems silly to wait for a response from Agile. I saw the system as a one stop shop for a system that was getting glowing reviews, in all due respect to Agile, it is ridiculous to have to wait months to even get a response. Looks like I will get looking for those moog spring #'s and the quality shocks #'s that are around here somewhere.
Thanks for all the input!
Taylor3633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #27

The moog part number is the CC880S for the V10 giving you about 3" to the bumpstop and a fairly plush ride, and the Moog CC880 for lighter V8 engines I believe, which should still give you the same amount to the bumps.

I have a set of slightly stiffer springs for sale right now, 100.00 for these, or 340.00 with a set of Bilstein 5160's with stiff valving for sale right now, I just haven't had a chance to post them on the classifieds. pm me if you're interested in those.
c7train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:54 PM   #28

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

I usually have sets of almost new Bilstein shocks that we have removed that are available for free if someone wants to come by and pick them up. I will not ship them.

Yes customers are very glad to have them removed and our FOX shocks installed - but for free they would be perfect for many of you posting here.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:24 PM   #29
Site Team

Garage

I'll run by and get the shocks to replace my current ones that are tired. I do want you're new ones but the wait and I need to do a service on all the front end quick

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:03 PM   #30

Baja,
Thanks for chiming in... I would still love to buy an RIP setup from you and would be willing to wait if need be, what is your status on shipping RIP setups?
Thanks,
Taylor
Taylor3633 is offline   Reply With Quote