Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2015, 07:22 PM   #21

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
Re: Agile or Ujoint

Corrected:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jydog
Agile -> smooth ride, low profile, keep lug pattern, hardcore, easily accessible parts, lift options, excellent support
"hardcore" - not sure what that means, but our TTB Dana 50 will do anything a Dana 60 will do and more.

"easily accessible parts" - get them at a Ford Dealer, NAPA, Auto Zone or any parts store anywhere you can get Dana 60 parts.

"lift options" - we have several and we are the only system with 12 inches of usable compliant travel at all lift levels.

"excellent support" - I think you would be hard pressed to find a customer that has received our products and services that is anything but satisfied.

I'm not taking anything away from Ujoint's fine products and services, just fully and correctly representing ours.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:20 PM   #22

Here is a little "hardcore" with our system and one of our crazier customers:

You have to admit that looks like fun!

AgileOffRoad.com
Old 11-11-2015, 10:47 PM   #23

Garage

Ramsey,

Can you put in a TTB in my 08 6.0 eb50 Sportsmobile with current Advanced 4WD Conversion?

Those photo's you posted of a customers van are what we all want to do, safely!

Cheers Doug.
2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Sheriffdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:50 PM   #24

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile
Here is a little "hardcore" with our system and one of our crazier customers:

You have to admit that looks like fun!

Ramsey,

Pretty amazing considering he's towing a trailer as well. Great photo's.

Cheers Doug
2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Sheriffdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:55 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriffdoug

Ramsey,

Can you put in a TTB in my 08 6.0 eb50 Sportsmobile with current Advanced 4WD Conversion?

Those photo's you posted of a customers van are what we all want to do, safely!

Cheers Doug.
Of course. We have done several conversions from straight axle to TTB. Being the cheap bastard that I am (read that as thrifty) I question the expense - you have a beautiful van. On the other hand the owners we have done it for are delighted and feel it was the best money spent.

P.s. I would love to have an SMB your color! I'm kinda over white...

AgileOffRoad.com
Old 11-12-2015, 02:58 AM   #26

Another thing to consider is Ford stopped producing TTB suspensions in 97. Auto manufacturers are required by US Federal Law to have parts available for any models they sold for a period of only 10 years
jydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:56 AM   #27

Garage

That doesn't mean though that they will stop producing them at that 10 year point... If there's demand, they will keep producing them.
And even when the original manufacturer stops producing them, usually an aftermarket seller will keep up production.
Heck I can still buy rotors for an 85 Chev K30 truck and they were in stock on the shelf...
ert01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:58 AM   #28

Hi,

I'm driving really old 4x4 stuff, 31 years, and parts aren't a problem. I would expect those TTB parts to be available long after the van is still worth driving.

The aftermarket and used parts industry is markedly improved for sourcing parts for older vehicles, especially parts for steering, brakes, and suspension.

Regards,

Gavin
Old 11-12-2015, 11:33 AM   #29

Dana stopped building the Dana 50 TTB in 2005 or 2006. There are few companies offering remans and full built and fab'd replicas (all around San Diego it seems like).

Plenty of aftermarket parts support too. You just might not find everything on the self like you would for the Dana 60. Most

http://www.drivetrainshop.com/Dana_50_s/88.htm

One possibly relevant difference for heavy builds.... D50 IFS = 4600 FAWR (same for 2WD up though '08.... newer = 5,000 FAWR) from Ford, although I'm sure a shop could build a stronger variant.

Dana 60 = 5,200 pounds, however on the '99-'04 version they seem to eat though ball joints and sometimes bearings if you are towards the heavy end or have big tires. The '05+ coil sprung version holds up way better under heavy loading, and also got bumped up to a 6,000# rating.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:11 PM   #30

"BajaSportsmobile"

I only put my experience from getting back an answer from Baja Sportsmobile after several try's and still waiting no answer. That was a year ago.

Whit in a week from that the email was sent for a quote, I got an answer Chris from Ujoint Offroad in detail whit price for what the whole conversion would cost. So did John at Quadvan 4x4.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...t-to-buy/page2
Kenyi is offline   Reply With Quote