Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2016, 11:24 PM   #1

BC hot springs tour

Were just back from four days in BC. The first day was spent fabricating a new roof rack for my solar panels. Then we hit the road to Whistler, Pemberton and then down the dirt road to Harrison Lake. Our first camp was at Tesek hot springs, a very quiet and relaxing spot. The next night was at another hot springs campground with lots of people partying, loud music, big fires, and rain. The final night, we camped along side the lake. All in all, we did one hundred and thirty miles of dirt roads and had mud, torental rain, epic wind, two hot springs, heli logging road closures, river crossings, winch hills, beach camping, chain saw work, fallen trees, thousands of water falls, one flat tire, one smashed Aluminess box, some beer and one hell of a good time. (The beer had nothing to do with the flat tire or the smashed box)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2347.JPG   IMG_2363 (1).jpg   IMG_2383.JPG   IMG_2384.jpg   IMG_2389 (1).jpg  

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:48 AM   #2

Aw man! Trip looked great! One flat tire isnt to bad. Sounds like the first hot springs was a good one.

Hope to make it out next time
chriswh86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:17 PM   #3

Sounds like a great trip. What is the story behind the smashed Aluminess box?
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:23 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
Yeah, give us some details Jeff !
Old 03-14-2016, 09:28 PM   #5

Quote:
The box had an altercation with a utility pole while backing out of a curved driveway. The worst part was that I couldn't open the door anymore, and my beer was inside. Today i took my longest tire iron and convinced it to open, and now, since it's aluminum, it's all better. It only took one hydraulic jack, two C clamps, two hammers, and a bouch of wood blocks to force it back into it's original shape. Best of all, now the beers in the fridge. Too bad I can't fix the tire too, but another Goodyear Duratrac has proven to have paper thin sidewalls, and the gash is about 3 inches long. Since I've lost two sidewalls, I think it's time to switch brands.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2394 (1).JPG   IMG_2395.jpg   IMG_2397.JPG  
Advanced 4wd
Old 03-14-2016, 09:37 PM   #6

Is a backup camera in your future?
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:04 PM   #7
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Liard river hot spring provincial park in BC was a great stop on my way back from AK.
Certain sized duratracs have better sidewall protection, I know the 315's E's I'm running have more ply's.....
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Is a backup camera in your future?
Already have one, but if you don't watch them carefully they don't work
Advanced 4wd
Old 03-14-2016, 10:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
The box had an altercation with a utility pole while backing out of a curved driveway. The worst part was that I couldn't open the door anymore, and my beer was inside. Today i took my longest tire iron and convinced it to open, and now, since it's aluminum, it's all better. It only took one hydraulic jack, two C clamps, two hammers, and a bouch of wood blocks to force it back into it's original shape. Best of all, now the beers in the fridge. Too bad I can't fix the tire too, but another Goodyear Duratrac has proven to have paper thin sidewalls, and the gash is about 3 inches long. Since I've lost two sidewalls, I think it's time to switch brands.
Is that what you were working on all day today?
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:29 AM   #10

T'sek Hot Springs, that's the one with the big artificial tubs and nice camp spot right on the river right? And the noisy one must have been Sloquet? Too bad you got there during a crazy night cause I much prefer its more natural style but as you found out it's hit or miss between big parties or heavenly quiet nights...

Did you drive back on the dirt road towards Harrison Hot Spring? They've cleaned that road a lot these last few years so not much of a challenge butjust enough so cars don't usually venture that way (and it's a shorter drive back if you're going toward Vancouver).

Wish I could have joined you guys, sounded like a good time! Next time

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
1965 Econoline Travelwagon
A few bicycles...and sandals ;)
Abitibi is offline   Reply With Quote