Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2015, 10:00 AM   #11

Re: Boulder Offroad Van

I had some work done by them but is was more minor in nature. They machined a hub and rotor for my 4x4 E350 van. I talked to them later about more work and they seemed like they knew alot and were quite capable.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:02 PM   #12

They worked on my van and did a great job.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:01 AM   #13

I installed a 30 spline truetrac in my rear diff in November. I have not seen any side by side or long term studies regarding the performance or durability of the truetrac but I got tired of rebuilding the LSD every 40K - 60K miles. Because the semi float was costing way too much to maintain, I upgraded to a full float and dropped in the Eaton. The truetrac seems to work OK but I did not get off road during the winter months. One of the particulars is that you need to use high end, non synthetic gear oil (Spirax) and change it every 20K miles. Another is that you cannot use your old axles - you have to buy new axles that fit the 30 spline pattern that Eaton uses.
SierraHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:06 PM   #14

While I appreciate the info about the synthetic oil needed for easton Truetrac, it fits different axles and can be order according to different spline patterns. Check out their site and you can order for different axles etc etc.
pfacdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:22 AM   #15
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

Pfacdb, I know there are several threads that discuss preferences on limited slip, lockers and all. We have the factory limited slip in the rear with quigley 4X4 and have had no issues, aside from not making it that damn Diablo drop off in anza, anyway, for mild off-roading and best on road manners, my take is, rear limited slip and that eaton unit is nice, and open in the front will give you the best results without anything interfering with your normal everyday driving, or if you want to get more into it, a locker in the front, which is on my list to do at some point. Talk to Don, he'll step you through what he thinks, also check out the responses from Ramsey(Agileoffroad) and others in the know on some of the others threads on the subject. Keep in mind, many that have opinions on this have a specific goal in mind-more capabilities off road, driving in snow or sand, rock climbing....
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:57 AM   #16

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your posts, they have been particularly helpful. Don is going with the Eaton Truetrac's front and rear. These sound good and apparently the front won't get grabby on the highway when front hubs engaged and in 4wd high.

And yes, I have kept in mind that our use will be more tame compared to others that use this forum.

Looking forward to having them start on the conversion--likely next week.
pfacdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:55 PM   #17

Garage
bumping an old thread to ask if anyone here knows about this rig...

ive seen a few other pix of the rtt deployed, but theres never a ladder present. it the rtt accessed from within the cab? pretty cool setup either way.

shop looks legit browsing through their site. some pretty cool van projects.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:17 AM   #18

Bumping an old thread - has anyone gotten a high top from them? They say they make their own and I am not a fiberglass expert so I would have no clue looking at one if it was legit or not. This is the pic they sent me awhile ago when I was first van hunting.

Also I saw that van/vuck/whatever you want to call it in person. It's pretty enormous - was on 37s and a lot of lift I recall. I don't recall the RTT so that must not go through to the cab.
Attached Thumbnails
PB230465.jpg  

'05 Pleasure Way Excel TS V10, still boring and 2wd
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote