Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2015, 08:22 AM   #21

Re: Brake parts compatability F350 vs. E350

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF
I had tubes n hoses in Loveland co make up ss lines for my '03, they just duplicated what I had, I gave them all the oem lines, if I recall, they had many of the fittings but there were a few they had to swap over from my old ones. I think I have the same setup with the splitter feeding 2 lines on the rear. If your local shop is not super busy, they can have new lines made for you in an hour or so.
Nobody in my little hamlet is approved for dot brake lines; they have to be sourced from elsewhere with 2 or 3 day turn around. Not that big a deal but I don't want to lock up the lift in my local shop for that long if I can have them on hand. Ujoint has a kit but his length and fittings are designed around a Sterling axle and his lift heights so whatever it is SMB put on the vans needs to be custom duplicated.

JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:39 PM   #22

Re: Brake parts compatability F350 vs. E350

Bringing this thread back to the top once again. I bought the van with 125k mi on it and it now has 140k on it. I need new tires (probably going with BFG KO2). My brakes are also making a little noise and I don't think they've been done since before the 125k mark. I don't know a lot, but have read enough to know:

1) I want to figure out what's needed with the brakes before I go buy tires
2) I want more stopping power if I can get it. pushing 10K lbs on the rig and I am fairly certain the OEM brakes were not designed for that

According to Joyce at Quigley, I have:

'98 E350 V10
16" OEM wheels
Front: Ford 60 front axle, 2WD OEM pads, F350 rotors Raybesto 66476/Dayton D4801
Rear: Dana 44, E350 Pads, F350 rotors

I am not exactly clear on why 2 part #'s for the front rotors? Raybesto may be current replacement part #? Hopefully I've provided enough info.

Again, not super knowledgable on brakes, the various components - caliper, hubs, wheels, rotors, pads, lines, etc... and compatibility. Based on what I've read, each rig is different with unique options/limitations. I am just looking to know what my options are before I go talk to a brake shop or buy tires. I would prefer not to buy all new wheels and keep this project as simple as possible, but I do want better stopping power if I can get it for a reasonable price.

It appears others have done some upgrades with new pads/rotors staying with the 16" wheels. I know the collective knowledge exists on this forum. Looks like Ramsey has some ideas...

I appreciate any feedback/guidance on what my options might be and things I should consider.

Thanks!

Kendall
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4287.jpg  
sierraskier is offline   Reply With Quote