Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
GYG

CCV 4x4 conversions

Does anyone have any experience with the CCV 4x4 conversion? I can't seem to find any information on them. The reason I ask is because I live in Boulder, CO and am trying to figure out whether I want to buy an already converted 4x4 van or just purchase a 2wd and have the conversion done closer to home in-case something fails etc.

We also have Boulder offroad vans close by. Any help would be awesome from you knowledgable type folks!

-Garrett

GYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #2

Re: CCV 4x4 conversions

GYG,

CCV added a hard top to my van and did a great job. The used van I found was already converted. I know he did his personal van. Give Derek a call he's very helpful and I'm sure can answer any questions you have.
Yodavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #3

Here he is in his personal. He built it and I've ridden in it several times. It's beat to hell now since he used it as a rescue/work vehicle in the recent floods but it's still damn capable. I would say Derek's 4x4 conversion capabilities are even better than his ability with tops. He built lots of Broncos before he got in to vans, and they are absolutely awesome as well.

I can't speak from personal experience on his 4x4 conversions but if you are local you are in good hands. He is VERY helpful 'after the sale'. He did my top.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #4

CCV's customer service is second to none, if you want something changed, fixed, tweaked, or whatever, Derek and Zane are more than helpful. He did my poptop, and has been super willing to help me sort and change things. I would call him for sure and see what he has to offer. I rode in his van as well, it rode better than my quigley, I didn't drive it so I can't speak to that.
C.
c7train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
GYG

Thanks for the responses!!
GYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by c7train
CCV's customer service is second to none.
I agree my experience with CCV went from second to none. I did find Derek and his family to be very friendly and enjoyed my time at his place but not the work he did on my van. He and I evidently had very different ideas of quality work and materials and it was a big learning experience for me to make sure I investigate future work of the people I am considering using and get detailed itemized lists of parts being used.

The feeling is probably mutual but I wouldn't want them touching my van again after what I went through with poor quality materials, slipped schedules and hack work on the interior and electrical. I can't speak for his 4x4 conversions but I ended up paying someone local to redo my interior after the CCV stuff started falling apart and then rewired the van myself. They also installed a tank and exhaust for me and seemed to do a good job on them as they have held up fine.

People here on the forum seem to be happy with his tops and without complaints. Others also seem to be happy with other work he has done for them. Great for them and glad they didn't go through what I did. A few of us here feel differently and probably to be expected in some % of a business/customer experience. I feel it important to share my experience and opinion for future customers in hopes they do more research than I did and take better steps to ensure a better outcome.

Do you know what the CCV 4x4 conversion consists of? What axle, brakes and other compenents are they using. I don't recall reading or hearing about CCVs 4x4 conversions on the forum, not to say there aren't a lot of them out there. I would be sure to inspect other customers 4x4 conversions from CCV before jumping on board. I would also get a detailed list of every item they are installing like you would get from Quigley. Know what you are getting into and weigh that against the other vendors out there. Location and the ability to bring your van back for repairs is huge and something I underestimated with my original choice of CCV. Best of luck.

Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #7

CCV has a few appearances in my bad/poor work album. I have more to post too...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 316&type=3
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #8

I had Van Specialties rewire the CCV power top...that's all I have to say about that!

Buck
Van Specialties build out
buckkiller is offline   Reply With Quote