Next up was the front. Not much in the way of pictures. Started by getting the front end up in the air and dropping the front diff down almost to the ground. Removing the shocks was a pain, Passenger side not to bad, Driver side not so much fun. Took Agile Offroad idea and drill a hole at the top of the mount to get a wrench in, made life a little easier. Next step removing the stock coil springs. Not that bad, remove the oversized bolt at the bottom of the spring and the retainer at the top and they come right out. Took a little more doing to get the new coil springs in, only because they were a bit taller. Re assembled to make it look drive-able for the parking police.
Sunday install the CCV Torque arms. When they are at there shortest length they are just a little longer than the stock Quigley arms. Was easy enough to just slip the front axle froward and get the CCV arms in. The problem I ran into was that the lower driverside johnny joint would not fit, as it hit the front diff. This required a die-grinder to smooth out the diff, along with removing a bit of the "lip" on the diff. Next step was to flatten out the johnny joint, as the bow out just a bit. Fun times.
Oh yeah did I forget to mention that the Johnny Joints are smaller, width wise than the Quigley joints. Another trip to a real hardware store.
New front shock install pretty simple.
Everything back on the ground, check that the new CCV arms are all about the same length longer (3/4 inch) than the Quigley arms, so alignment is some what in the ball park.
Damn it's making some funny noises. Took a bit to find the noise. The driverside coil spring in rubbing on the track bar mount.
Front end up in the air again, driver side coil spring out again. Getting good at this. Cut off wheel and a 7 inch grinder to remove the corner of the track bar mount. Grind smooth.
My van, the track bar mount has a 45 from the mount to the frame for support. I just removed/rounded over the corner. Bottom of the picture