Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2016, 04:00 AM   #21

By the way Weld-Tec, that is a gorgeous Chevy! Nicest one I've seen.

I consider myself a half-assed perfectionist
Stillvanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 02:37 PM   #22

Nice van. I looked a the website. Is the Coil-Over conversion system for the Quigley 4x4 2500/3500 Express vans. Is that system for Quigley IFS 4x4? It say's it elimates the traditional torsion bar setup so I'm guessing it's for IFS 4x4's. Is that correct?

Love the website and all the chevy accessories.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:14 PM   #23

Also, any chance you have something in the works thats a bit more mild? I'm interested in possibly gaining just 2" over the standard IFS height. Love what you've done here though, that thing is amazing.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:45 PM   #24

Chevy van suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitH View Post
Also, any chance you have something in the works thats a bit more mild? I'm interested in possibly gaining just 2" over the standard IFS height. Love what you've done here though, that thing is amazing.
Thanks guys for the kind words...
^^ 2" lift all around or just in the front? What size tire are you currently running and do you want to go bigger?

Here is a fun pic of the van twisted up about 22".
WeldTecDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:48 PM   #25

2 wheel drive chevy suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater View Post
Nice van. I looked a the website. Is the Coil-Over conversion system for the Quigley 4x4 2500/3500 Express vans. Is that system for Quigley IFS 4x4? It say's it elimates the traditional torsion bar setup so I'm guessing it's for IFS 4x4's. Is that correct?

Love the website and all the chevy accessories.
We can do this same kit on a 2 wheel drive with the ability to convert to 4x4
**** only available on 2003 and newer
Old 12-19-2016, 09:04 PM   #26

I'm interested in 2" all the way around. Its pretty level as it sits but I'd like to run 33" tires on it at some point. Currently have 31s and thats after a bit of trimming. It does handle really well though so I wouldn't want to mess that up.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:41 PM   #27
GAR

Weldtec Designs

Visited the Weldtec Designs shop on Wednesday (04JAN2017). A few weeks ago I learned about this shop from these forums. I was in San Diego on business, so I decided to drop by unannounced and see what they do. They did not know I was coming.

First impression:
"This is a professional shop." It was clean, the equipment was in good working order and modern. Ive worked in a metal fab shop, and this was by far the best I've seen. Id be happy to work there!

They do a lot of custom suspension work on an assortment of different vehicles. I saw and handled the parts they machine themselves and the quality is second to none I've seen.

The crew he has working there came across as professional and customer service friendly. Watching them work, I got the impression they take pride in the work they do. One guy bending pipe was really doing a quality job measuring and setting the pipe up to properly bend it. Another guy cutting and grinding small parts was squared away and working hard.

I have welding experience, to included welding school and certifications. I also visually inspect welds as part of my job. The visual weld quality of the work I saw was very good!

After all is said and done, Jeremy came across as very friendly and enthusiastic about his work. He answered all my questions and never made me feel rushed or pressured.

Gar
GAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:03 AM   #28

Garage
Excellent. Thanks for visiting and posting.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:33 AM   #29

Chevrolet 4x4 van

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitH View Post
I'm interested in 2" all the way around. Its pretty level as it sits but I'd like to run 33" tires on it at some point. Currently have 31s and thats after a bit of trimming. It does handle really well though so I wouldn't want to mess that up.
If you think it handles great now our kit will amaze you! Let us know when your ready. It would be a 3" lift, similar to what Quigley offers from the factory.

It was great meeting you Gar and I'm glad you had the chance to check out our shop and the things we are building. We look forward to putting our suspension on your new van....

As to what the owner of this amazing van had to say:
Rick,
"I am the Dummy Who spent the money. I don't have very many sweet pic yet but I promised Jeremy I would soon.
The curbs Don't stand a chance.
That being said I Have always driven a F350 Diesel solid axle for work/ Fun, I alway put up with the ride because I did not believe there was another way. And I am Ford Guy. I purchased this van because it was brand new and Didn't want to spend 100k on a Sportsmobile for a 6.0 with low miles. I probably would have saved money. I drove the van to Jeremy the day after it was shipped to me and it road Like a cargo van. When I picked it up just after sema I called Jeremy after being 5 miles down the freeway almost in tears. I was doing 80 and it felt like I was in An Escalade. This was just the beginning. I took it camping immediately with me and my son. We drove it thru the grapevine with no issue and when we got to the dirt road we just Glided. In my f350 10 15 mph was comfortable on this dirt road any faster and you felt like you were in a giant shake weight. I was cruising at 30 - 40 with no issue could even tell I was on the dirt. almost road better than the street.
This past weekend I took it out to the desert bar In parker Az That road is a 5 mph tops in my truck, I was chasing rzrs and Rhinos in the VAn 30 -40 no problem Like it was born to be in the dirt. People were looking at me like I was crazy following the rzrs and Jeeps up the trails. This thing is seriously awesome and I am so glad I found Jeremy. He really Built a 1 of a kind Van and I am proud to own it! I wouldn't believe him if he told me that it was going to perform as well as it has so far. I own the most bad *** Chevy Express on the Planet. "I love It when a plan comes together"
Old 01-11-2017, 12:32 PM   #30

I'm excited you're getting a kit together and the attention you're giving the GM vans is long overdue. I'll keep an eye out for when you get your cost set for the kit so I can plan accordingly.

Tags
chevrolet van, chevy4x4, quigley, sema build, van conversion