Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2019, 03:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
I dont think you'll be able to get a Ford 4X4 SMB into an 8' garage.

I think most garages are 7' openings.

I happen to have an 8' garage and have a Ford E350 RB with Agile 4x4 conversion, 33" tires and SMB penthouse. Have also added Fiamma awning and 2 solar panels and it still fits in my garage.

Old 11-06-2019, 03:44 PM   #22

Garage
Quote:
You'll need to trim the front fenders to fit 35's unless you get a Ujoint 6" kit. If you don't want to trim, you can get fiberglass fenders since its basically trimmed where you need it to be.
Thanks mikracer, that's good to know. I've sent a quote request in to Agile and am waiting for a response. I'm sure I'll be on the phone with them a few times before I pull the trigger. I honestly don't know if the van even needs 35" tires. I don't plan on doing any Moab-like rock crawling.

~Terry
wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:47 PM   #23

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromsf View Post
I think most garages are 7' openings.

I happen to have an 8' garage and have a Ford E350 RB with Agile 4x4 conversion, 33" tires and SMB penthouse. Have also added Fiamma awning and 2 solar panels and it still fits in my garage.
I measured mine and it's 8'. We're moving next spring and I spec'd the new garage door for 8' opening, but you never know.

Thanks! ~Terry
Old 11-06-2019, 03:51 PM   #24

Just FYI, Agile posted on instagram a few days ago that they are basically so busy it is taking more than a week for them to get back to people via email and phone calls. They are hiring as well to help alleviate the strain. So plan to be patient.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:01 PM   #25

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
Just FYI, Agile posted on instagram a few days ago that they are basically so busy it is taking more than a week for them to get back to people via email and phone calls. They are hiring as well to help alleviate the strain. So plan to be patient.
OK, that's promising (they're popular). I'm in no hurry. I won't be doing the build until closer to spring, but I'm very thankful to the SMB Forum crowd that steered me their direction. I'm very encouraged by all I've read.

~Terry
Old 11-06-2019, 05:46 PM   #26

Garage
Quote:
You'll need to trim the front fenders to fit 35's unless you get a Ujoint 6" kit. If you don't want to trim, you can get fiberglass fenders since its basically trimmed where you need it to be.
No offense, but there’s so many variables that this blanket statement can’t apply to all vans.

I didn’t have any rub with some borrowed quarter worn 35’s on my quigley before I installed the moog springs associated with the rip kit. However, I did rub the lower corners of my front bumper. It was minimal rub and typically only at full lock and on uneven ground.

I now run 315/75/17’s (just shy of a 35) on my van and still have had zero issues with rub on the fenders. i removed a 1/2” off each bottom side of my front bumper as to not to rub at full lock. Even bouncing around out in the woods I have yet to connect with fenders and my van weighs 10,6xx with the bikes on the back.

Oh, but both those tires sizes, along with 33’s all rub on the quigley lower control arms at full lock on each side.

Op will need to experiment once the desired lift/conversion is complete. Also keep in mind my lack of rub on fenders could be due to the tire manfs not having to follow any kind of guidelines. There is zero tire industry standards when it comes to sizing or tread wear. My tire examples are bfg’s on the 35’s (ko1’s) and 315’s (ko2’s), and Toyo at2’s on the 33’s. One companies 35 could be a larger diameter and an inch wider than another. Always a crap shoot with tires. That’s why it’s always best to test fit or spend a lot of time reading tire spec sheets.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:12 PM   #27

Garage
Thanks, Shenrie, all things to consider.

BTW, I was in Boise this time last year and LOVED it. I could live there, for sure.

~Terry
Old 11-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #28

Garage
Lol, I loved it in the 90’s. Now that we keep getting on all those stupid best places to live lists on social media we’re feeling the growth pains severely. If I didn’t have roots here I’d have left a while ago. Still a great area, but beating the crowds to the good stuff every weekend is getting harder and harder only caveat is getting to watch all the out of towners suffer through the winters when we get them. I enjoy the hell outta that
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 11-06-2019, 06:36 PM   #29

Garage
I wouldn't be surprised if real estate speculators put out those "best places to live" stories. There's always Wyoming (except Jackson Hole, unfortunately). I'd love to live there.

You know it's the same old story. That's why Daniel Boone moved to North Carolina (from Virginia, I think?), then Kentucky and finally Missouri. He was trying to stay ahead of the expanding throng.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:04 PM   #30

Garage
Ha, you’re probably right on the real estate comments! That wouldn’t surprise me in the least bit. I could live in western Wyoming or Montana no problem.

I grew up on the other side of the state and kick myself in the ass for moving away from the Jackson hole area. I still spend more time snowboarding on the Teton pass every year than I do riding the resorts on this side of the state. Hopefully someday I’ll make it back over that way, as long as driggs and victor never make it on those damn lists.