Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2008, 10:16 AM   #11

Patience young Scatterwalker, patience.

The van was dropped off this morning at the Spring shop. The springs and all hardware showed up- the only suprising thing was only 3 ubolts came for the front axle as it has studs on the pumpkin.

The springs are awesome looking, double full wrap and just layer after layer. They had some other heavy duty springs with double wrap on the shelves, but they all had overload springs- the Deavers just had spring after spring all the way down to the bottom.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #12

Springs

Jage ,
A mirror image of my Deaver's , now for my custom valved 7100 Bilsteins .
Solo Motor Sports is going to do the Valve configuration after the Springs are mounted Jage
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:46 PM   #13

Oh yes.... I want some, I want some.... And I want 'em NOW!!
Get those suckers mounted and go out and do a nasty road. The proof is in whether your beer goes flat while driving on a washboard road or you still get thrown out of your seat when taking a driveway at an angle.
Report oh learned one.

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:55 PM   #14

The good news- the fronts are on. The bad news they fed me some crap about how the u-bolts didn't fit and the van won't be ready until TOMORROW after 3pm. Since I drop my wife at the airport at 1:30 I don't know how I'm getting the van. Ah I knew it was going too well...
Old 05-31-2008, 10:12 PM   #15

Jage,

I think you will be very happy with the results. My only complaint was that after the springs were installed, our alignment was askew. Driving down the highway, the steering wheel was cock-eyed. I called Jeff, he said the springs would "settle". Yeah right.

Well, they did. After 3k miles since installation, the van has settled and the alignment has "fixed" itself.

We just returned from a two week road trip, with our lab & 2 year daughter. On and off road, the Deaver spring sets have given our SMB a noticeably better ride.

Greg, can you fill us in on the Bilstein shocks you're working on?

-Jeff
canyonclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:54 PM   #16

Shocks

Jeff ,
After much research and some trial and error I opted to go with a shock system that could be accurately configured for our Vans . Bilstein was unable to provide any real suggestions , as the were concerned about about the weight variables . I wanted shocks that could be adjusted easily and had the the ability to be valved for our SportsMobile . Bobby at Solo Motor Sports suggested Fox Racing Schocks because he could valve them as needed for our van . I am extremely happy with the outcome , the van handle's better and stop's and average 23 feet sooner than with the Old Man Emus that were on on 2007 EB 50 . Bobby charged the fronts at 150 pounds and this seems to be ideal for our van I haven't run the van on any bad wash board roads but I have gone up a couple of badly rutted ,steep off camber firebreaks and was very pleased .I added some photos in our album showing the model numbers that solo Motor Sport used . Being as close as you are you would be more than welcome to see and drive it before making a decision .
Just let me know and we can set a time and place .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:00 AM   #17

Gregg,

I like the Fox shock set up, looks clean and more robust than the OMEs. I'll PM you re a meet up. Thanks for the info!

-jeff
canyonclan is offline   Reply With Quote