Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2021, 11:22 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackman93 View Post
Yes, I sent about 10 examples, they want receipts. When they came up with comps I went to the car dealerships they found the comps for, not even close.
Then on the comps they made additions and subtractions, because I have the 7.3 diesel they subtracted $500, I was like shouldn’t that be an addition?
Anyways it’d be awesome if I could get in tou h with Javier and get an estimate of my conversion
Did you not get an invoice of the work Javier did for you? Or did you buy the van with the Javier/Crow conversion already done?

2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:53 AM   #82

I bought it with the conversion already done, from a dentist down in San Diego. I drove it back to Idaho, it's been a great van.
trackman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 03:14 PM   #83

Trackman could you ask the mods to move your convo to its own thread? I think it’s a worthwhile topic, though not really relevant to Pucry’s thread.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:47 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelheadJones View Post
Trackman could you ask the mods to move your convo to its own thread? I think it’s a worthwhile topic, though not really relevant to Pucry’s thread.
Agreed, and it will get more attention with it's own descriptive title.

I would piggyback it on Expedition Portal vans section too. Many of those guys know a lot about 4x4 vans that are not Sportsmobiles.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 01:56 AM   #85

Purcy -- you still around? Those bumpers man -- so sick. Great work yet again.

Very impressed at this build and I hope you get your own so I can watch that happen too.
winnievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 12:16 PM   #86

Has anyone ordered and installed a U Joint kit themselves?

Watching youtube videos of the installation. It does not seem hard at all. The only problem for me is I do not have a welder and plasma cutter.

Might have to hire someone to come do that for me. All the other stuff I can do myself.
gsrthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 01:12 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucry View Post
Thought I'd also post a few picture to show the range of adjustment in the Superlift radius arms. Once we have the final ride height determined this will definitely be an advantage.

I've also been playing around in the parts store catalogue trying to see if there are any crossover parts that could be used in this build. Thought I was onto something with the draglink arm off a 5500 series Ram. It has a z-bend in it and I thought it would keep the ball joint at the axle at a happier angle. You can see this in the picture below. However it's slightly shortly and this might be enough to make it unusable. Time will tell.

I also picked up a truck pitman arm, it was clearance for $8.00. How can a guy go wrong lol. It's the same splines, orientation as the vans only the C-C distance is 1.30" longer. this would allow me to move the axle forward for additional clearance and still insure the drag link is out in front of the axle.

Still waiting on a few other parts to arrive and have a bit more brain storming to do.
Do you have the part number of that Pitman arm?
Thanks
schluchtenflitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 01:29 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by schluchtenflitzer View Post
Do you have the part number of that Pitman arm?
Thanks
Check out Wanderer-RRORC’s thread starting at post #217. Super thorough documentation of truck vs van Pitman arms including part #’s.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 12:35 PM   #89

Hey Everyone, I'm reviving this old build thread of mine by request.

First let me say I've been absent from here for a long time and recently some talk of another van build brought me back. I learned that I had many unread/responded to private messages. I wanted to apologize it was not my intention to ignore anyone but rather I just had other things happening that took all my attention. Any activity here was off my radar.

Many reached out to see what ever became of this build. It was sold to a new owner via auction earlier this year now idea where it is now. After getting off to a hot start this van went through a few cycles of being put on hold and then being restarted. Each time loosing a little bit of momentum. Mechanical and exterior were complete but the interior was mostly unfinished. A basic high bed was added but that's all. My documentation of the build dwindled as thing went on as well in hindsight I'm a little sad about this now that it is gone. I have minimal pictures of the roof rack, rock rails, and rear bumper. Anyway see my gallery for the pictures I do have.

Many requested if I plan to recreate any of the parts I used for this van. In the past this was a firm no but I have 2 other van builds that I'm considering. To soon to tell if they'll actually happen but if they do I'd be open to build multiples of the parts I use. Obviously me being in Canada and many of you in the US shipping costs of large and heavy parts might make it less appealing. In my area these E-series vans are either to rough to use or astronomically prices. I'm not sure if this is the case in other areas and if that would limit interest. I still just see myself as a hobbyist and general vehicle enthusiast and I be open to helping others out if I can.

Take care. Thanks everyone for the kind words in this build thread. ��
J
Pucry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 04:50 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucry View Post
Hey Everyone, I'm reviving this old build thread of mine by request.

First let me say I've been absent from here for a long time and recently some talk of another van build brought me back. I learned that I had many unread/responded to private messages. I wanted to apologize it was not my intention to ignore anyone but rather I just had other things happening that took all my attention. Any activity here was off my radar.

Many reached out to see what ever became of this build. It was sold to a new owner via auction earlier this year now idea where it is now. After getting off to a hot start this van went through a few cycles of being put on hold and then being restarted. Each time loosing a little bit of momentum. Mechanical and exterior were complete but the interior was mostly unfinished. A basic high bed was added but that's all. My documentation of the build dwindled as thing went on as well in hindsight I'm a little sad about this now that it is gone. I have minimal pictures of the roof rack, rock rails, and rear bumper. Anyway see my gallery for the pictures I do have.

Many requested if I plan to recreate any of the parts I used for this van. In the past this was a firm no but I have 2 other van builds that I'm considering. To soon to tell if they'll actually happen but if they do I'd be open to build multiples of the parts I use. Obviously me being in Canada and many of you in the US shipping costs of large and heavy parts might make it less appealing. In my area these E-series vans are either to rough to use or astronomically prices. I'm not sure if this is the case in other areas and if that would limit interest. I still just see myself as a hobbyist and general vehicle enthusiast and I be open to helping others out if I can.

Take care. Thanks everyone for the kind words in this build thread. ��
J
Sorry to revive this post again but currently planning a 4x4 build and saw your sweet build and was wondering, if by any chance youd be willing to share any of the files for those parts you built? Got acess to a plasma table at work save a bunch of time trying to design something and still not have it look as sweet as your parts
Baddogg is offline   Reply With Quote